Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving how Brooks is seen as the panacea of all transfers completely ignoring all of Bournemouth's and everybody else's abject failures.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I have to admit we haven't got on particularly well with some of these big money signings from obscure leagues - I'd favour trying to get some deals done for Championship prospects like Bournemouth did for Brooks last season for similar cash. But you'd hope we'll strike gold eventually!

like that signing we made er, yesterday. ?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Hope you're wrong bud
These punts never pay off for us.

Please,please,please STOP all the whinging and whining NOW. I can't take anymore. I give up. you won, Chris has been reinstated and we can carry on. Stumbling in the darkness :eek:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
like that signing we made er, yesterday. ?

As far as I'm aware, Clarke has played very few games in the Championship but has impressed in league 1. I think it's a solid signing but centre back is hardly a problem area for us.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Loving how Brooks is seen as the panacea of all transfers completely ignoring all of Bournemouth's and everybody else's abject failures.

Complete rubbish, it's just an example of a good deal that can be done which isn't from the Argentinian, South African, Dutch and Belgian leagues. I'm not saying we shouldn't be scouting those leagues as well but the Championship is an incredibly good source for players and they are likely to hit the ground running straight away - the player who kept us up for the last two seasons in Glenn Murray made his name in that division.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As far as I'm aware, Clarke has played very few games in the Championship but has impressed in league 1. I think it's a solid signing but centre back is hardly a problem area for us.

Well he hasn’t but yep I get the point.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8963219 said:
That's what a lot of people on here were saying when we signed Shane Duffy

I wasn't, I thought Duffy was a good signing at the time, and I think Clarke could be a canny signing too. If Potter wants to play possession based play like he did at Swansea, Duffy may be ousted from the starting 11 if Clarke performs well.

What I am saying is if we don't sign some good quality attacking players I'm almost certain we'll get relegated.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Complete rubbish, it's just an example of a good deal that can be done which isn't from the Argentinian, South African, Dutch and Belgian leagues. I'm not saying we shouldn't be scouting those leagues as well but the Championship is an incredibly good source for players and they are likely to hit the ground running straight away - the player who kept us up for the last two seasons in Glenn Murray made his name in that division.

This.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't, I thought Duffy was a good signing at the time, and I think Clarke could be a canny signing too. If Potter wants to play possession based play like he did at Swansea, Duffy may be ousted from the starting 11 if Clarke performs well.

What I am saying is if we don't sign some good quality attacking players I'm almost certain we'll get relegated.
Yep it's looking pretty from now that the window is all but closed...

...oh wait a minute.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yep it's looking pretty from now that the window is all but closed...

...oh wait a minute.

Aaaaand you've completely skirted over my point in response to you about why my preference would be to sign some proven Championship players with the example of Glenn Murray who has been our only consistent goalscorer in the Premier League. Expected.

As you know, I'm not suggesting that we won't sign attacking players, I'm pretty sure we will do. What I am questioning is will they perform better than some of the last recruits we have made in attacking areas and have we learned from some of our recent mistakes in that regard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aaaaand you've completely skirted over my point in response to you about why my preference would be to sign some proven Championship players with the example of Glenn Murray who has been our only consistent goalscorer in the Premier League. Expected.

As you know, I'm not suggesting that we won't sign attacking players, I'm pretty sure we will do. What I am questioning is will they perform better than some of the last recruits we have made in attacking areas and have we learned from some of our recent mistakes in that regard.

Because it's so bleeding obvious.

There's a reason why promoted teams really struggle to stick around in the Premier League - they aren't good enough.

For every David Brooks there's whole teams of players, in the Championship, or young English talent, who are very expensive mistakes.

Nobody is denying Brooks is seemingly a great player and a steal at 'only' £12m.
But what those who are seemingly beating the club recruitment up about this are refusing to acknowledge just how many David Brooks' there are in the Championship.

For every one you now name - I dare you.
Try putting a price tag to them.

Or better still name all the recent, say last 2 season's of David Brooks'.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
In HLN paper today

Leandro Trossard is getting married today with his girlfriend Laura Hilven. The couple also has a son of two, Thiago. A big step on a private level, but also sporty, Trossard is close to a new challenge. The transfer of the 24-year-old flank attacker to the Premier League could gain momentum in the coming days. Brighton & Hove Albion currently seems to be the most important candidate to bring in Trossard. Racing Genk refused a first bid for Trossard last week, but the clubs remained on speaking terms. At Brighton they expect a rapid development in this file. Racing Genk hopes to catch around 20 million for its Red Devil. (KDZ / KTH)

https://www.hln.be/de-krant/trouw-en-transfer-voor-trossard~a230dfe2/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Presumably this will take a while more to get over the line. Looks like the lad got married today.

041f724541bf65e3e8f3503009cf0815.jpg

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Because it's so bleeding obvious.

There's a reason why promoted teams really struggle to stick around in the Premier League - they aren't good enough.

For every David Brooks there's whole teams of players, in the Championship, or young English talent, who are very expensive mistakes.

Nobody is denying Brooks is seemingly a great player and a steal at 'only' £12m.
But what those who are seemingly beating the club recruitment up about this are refusing to acknowledge just how many David Brooks' there are in the Championship.

For every one you now name - I dare you.
Try putting a price tag to them.

I'm not saying all players signed from the Championship are amazing - but there are good quality players in there who I believe could improve our team and the bedding in phase will be a lot shorter.

Maupay from Brentford- when I've seen them play on TV he looks a real handful at 22 years of age. I know people say Brentford won't do buisness with us but if we offer over £10m I'm sure we'll start talking.

Jarrod Bowen from Hull, again 22 years of age but a tricky winger and a great passer of the ball. Around the £10m ball park again - but these are the fees we have paid for Locadia and Izquierdo recently so I don't understand the reluctance.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Presumably this will take a while more to get over the line. Looks like the lad got married today.

041f724541bf65e3e8f3503009cf0815.jpg

Very unprofessional especially during the transfer window. Makes you wonder how dedicated to football he really is when he puts things like having a wife ahead of signing for the Albion. Clearly has a bad attitude. Move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here