Page 26 of 133 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676126 ... LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Time Pies View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that we have made a couple of poor signings doesn’t mean that all the players from the Belgium and Dutch leagues are rubbish. After all Belgium is the number 1 ranked national football team in the world and a large chunk of the squad were products of the Anderlecht academy.
    Lets have a debate as to whether those signings were even used to their best abilities and strengths. I say they were not.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stewart_weir View Post
      Lets have a debate as to whether those signings were even used to their best abilities and strengths. I say they were not.
      Of course they weren’t, it’s like expecting Dunk to be a blinding winger and then writing him off because he’s not and isn’t allowed to defend either, because he’s been told to stay in the opposition half.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Of course they weren’t, it’s like expecting Dunk to be a blinding winger and then writing him off because he’s not and isn’t allowed to defend either, being told to stay in the opposition half.
      I'm sure when most of the boo-boys have a problem with their boiler, they flick through Yellow Pages, get a sparkie round only to moan that his plumbing is shitehouse.

Anyway that's all academic now.

I'm beginning to think it's the price tag our 'fans' can't cope with.
      As a new record signing is likely to arrive, this summer, all previous record holders will get a freer pass while we have to read whining like:-

'well for that kind of money (not a lot) I expect him to jizz gold dust'.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      I'm sure when most of the boo-boys have a problem with their boiler, they flick through Yellow Pages, get a sparkie round only to moan that his plumbing is shitehouse.
      Very good
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      Because he’s much, much better on the left
      True.

It will be interesting to see if GP plays inverted wingers but with VAR in full effect I’d much rather see Solly do what he’s good at, taking on a right back and dribbling for a cross or cut back. The slightest of touches? Penalty. Cross hits defender’s arm? Penalty. Much more dangerous than cutting in and shooting from 25 yards when there’s a gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stewart_weir View Post
      Yes good point, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ali J or Locadia came good this season playing in a different system under a different manager.

1 Not allowed!
      I think there will be a real sense of relief in the squad as players will have a fresh start AJ, Andone and Locadia have had a full season of PL behind them and hopefully will be well rested, World Cups and major tournaments seem to really take it out of players especially offensive ones.

GP will give every player the chance to impress so I don’t anticipate many exits although I still fear Davy Proper might go. Come January it will be much clearer who will stay and who will go so I would anticipate a sizable chunk of the transfer budget being held back till then.

I am excited about the coming season and being the eternal optimist I think the team will thrive but of course the fear of a grinding soul destroying season of anti-football has been dampened even though the fear of relegation lurks in the back of my mind.
      Standing in the park, I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets...then it hit me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagull_special View Post
      I think there will be a real sense of relief in the squad as players will have a fresh start AJ, Andone and Locadia have had a full season of PL behind them and hopefully will be well rested, World Cups and major tournaments seem to really take it out of players especially offensive ones.

GP will give every player the chance to impress so I don’t anticipate many exits although I still fear Davy Proper might go. Come January it will be much clearer who will stay and who will go so I would anticipate a sizable chunk of the transfer budget being held back till then.

I am excited about the coming season and being the eternal optimist I think the team will thrive but of course the fear of a grinding soul destroying season of anti-football has been dampened even though the fear of relegation lurks in the back of my mind.
      Makes sense in one way, however also worth remembering we stayed up by the skin of our teeth, hardly had a shot let alone score a goal and had the attacking pace of a snail, so I cannot believe we will hold sizable chunk of budget back...Jan would be too late!
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post

Anyway that's all academic now.

I'm beginning to think it's the price tag our 'fans' can't cope with.
      As a new record signing is likely to arrive, this summer, all previous record holders will get a freer pass while we have to read whining like:-

'well for that kind of money (not a lot) I expect him to jizz gold dust'.
      Spot on.

Sorry, what I meant was, until a new player has been given a four paragraph eulogy (complete with pathos, bathos and allegory, with reference to how much better he is than all those players back in his day, when men were men, garnished with some homoeroticism) on NSC by none other than @Pretty pink fairy then, I'm sorry, he is shitehouse and not worth all that money. Fact.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

0 Not allowed!
      So to save me scrolling through, is there any further news on this transfer
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016