Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
The article doesn't say we're going to spend half our budget on him, where have you got that information from?

Even CH said last season prices have gone up and he would naturally expect transfer record to be broken..Obvious we needed to create more goals (and score them) Trossard will be part of Evolution not revolution process.. We naturally are keeping the striker and attacking midfielder situation quiet alongside the RB.....

I imagine things will get moving bit quicker now and we might see a few outgoings as well...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Honeymoon in Brighton apparently.

Fingers crossed he heads out to Portslade and beyond.
If Len sees the state of bEast Sussex he'll be gone quicker than a plate of waffles on National Waffle Day (everyday) back in his homeland.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not over-egged at all. Apparently Bloom properly dislikes only two people in this world... this guy and a former Albion manager. Allegedly the reason for the former is due to money being stolen, so probably a business deal gone very sour

My point is that they are both businessmen. If a deal that suits both parties is on the table, then the deal will be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
So, exactly the kind of money we tend to spend on ‘off the radar’ players from Europe. Maybe we should be looking at quality home grown talent from the Championship? Might take less time to ‘adapt’?

Can you list the players we have spent £20,000,000+ on please. Thanks.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you think Maupay and Bowen would cost us less than £35,000,000 between them then you’re mad.

Maupay would easily be £20m, Bowen would be slightly cheaper because of Hulls owner; but he’d still be £15m+

As you said, £35,000,000 (ish) for the pair, maybe even + (plus). Off the top of my head now, Locadia £14 big ones, Ali J £17 just as big big ones. From your own figures, a combined average of £17.5 mill, shall I continue?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
As you said, £35,000,000 (ish) for the pair, maybe even + (plus). Off the top of my head now, Locadia £14 big ones, Ali J £17 just as big big ones. From your own figures, a combined average of £17.5 mill, shall I continue?

So the list of players we’ve spent £20,000,000 on is a player who cost £14m & a player who cost £17m.

Gotcha.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Did you do maths at school?

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
This narrative that izzy was a waste of money is baffling. He had a fantastic second half to his first season. Him, Gross and Muzza linking up really well.

Then he got an injury he was made to play through and never recovered from. Hopefully this latest op sorts that out as he is a big addition when fit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I guess it depends on what you mean by 'spent on'. The cost to BHA are a lot more than the transfer fee.

The headline figure for a player is ALWAYS the transfer fees, sometimes including add ons based on appearances, sometimes not. No one ever says "Brighton have signed Carlos Kickaball from FC Flying Donkey for a transfer fee of £15 million basic, an agent's fee of an additional 10%, wages of £50K a week plus appearance, win and goal bonuses and a complex tax arrangement, plus an apartment and a car". They start at the £15 million fee. I really don't see why people are finding it hard to see what [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] meant unless they're being deliberately obtuse or can't add up :shrug:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This narrative that izzy was a waste of money is baffling. He had a fantastic second half to his first season. Him, Gross and Muzza linking up really well.

Then he got an injury he was made to play through and never recovered from. Hopefully this latest op sorts that out as he is a big addition when fit.

Fair enough, but he needs to a.) get fit and b.) show us he's more than a (cut inside and shoot) one trick pony. Sure, it's a good trick but one that will result in ever diminishing returns. All of that said, his impact has been HUGE in comparison to DJ Biggie Jurgs and Ali J. Innit.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The headline figure for a player is ALWAYS the transfer fees, sometimes including add ons based on appearances, sometimes not. No one ever says "Brighton have signed Carlos Kickaball from FC Flying Donkey for a transfer fee of £15 million basic, an agent's fee of an additional 10%, wages of £50K a week plus appearance, win and goal bonuses and a complex tax arrangement, plus an apartment and a car". They start at the £15 million fee. I really don't see why people are finding it hard to see what [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] meant unless they're being deliberately obtuse or can't add up :shrug:

Obtuse, deliberately so.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sounds like a poor man's hazard which sounds good to me !! Amazing acceleration, great dribbler , average pace but has a great shot on him

Massively injury prone though by looks of it so ideal for us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I can break down why what you’re saying is stupid if you really want me to, or you can back out now whilst you only look slightly stupid.

:thumbsup:

If you speak to the club's accountant I'm sure that he'll explain what his definition is - and it definitely won't be the £15mill.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here