Page 70 of 133 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380120 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 1328
  1. #691
    Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    21,034


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trossard is on a plane to Brighton right now. Source; the instagram story, of new Mrs Trossard

    Attachment 111979
    Name:  763.jpeg
Views: 691
Size:  65.2 KB

    Fled to London

    https://www.hln.be/sport/voetbal/bel...aten~a45198d4/

    Racing Genk says goodbye to Leandro Trossard (24). The champion maker goes for nearly 20 million euros to the Premier League and Brighton, where he is undergoing medical tests today and will sign a five-year contract. This morning the Limburg winger left via Zaventem and London towards the south coast of England. “I have a very good feeling at Brighton and I also had a personal conversation with the coach (Graham Potter, ed.) That convinced me. He wants to attack and I fit in that picture. It is also a club that can give me playing minutes so that I can evolve further. As a true Genkenaar it is of course not easy to leave this family club behind me, but I am ready for a new adventure at Brighton. ”

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #692
      Members casbom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Tilgate
      Posts
      2,158


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by casbom View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That looks like Club Europe on a BA plane, quick scan the airwaves to find it!
      So looks like from Brussels, all BA flights go to LHR, last one landed around 09:45, so he could be on his way the M25 as we speak....I'm sensing a deja vou moment for some reason.
    • #693
      Members SeagullinExile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      London
      Posts
      3,164


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WhingForPresident View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Surely on his salary he could afford to buy a new pair of jeans?
      First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out--Because I was not a Socialist. Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Trade Unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-- Because I was not a Jew. Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me - Martin Niemoller
    • #694
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,552


      1 Not allowed!
      I'm still trying to get my head around the fees that Little Old Brighton are now paying for players. 20 Million Euros for one player-incredible.

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #695
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Worthing-By-Sea
      Posts
      13,200


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WhingForPresident View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What airport that? Not Heathrow or Gatwick.

      His missus (?) has a nice rack.
      But why does he look like he is being flanked by Russian heavies?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
    • #696
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
      Posts
      6,868


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullinExile View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Surely on his salary he could afford to buy a new pair of jeans?
      No wonder his Mrs looks miserable spending your honeymoon at airports and football premises
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
    • #697
      Kiss my (_!_) Bwian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,552


      16 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullinExile View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Surely on his salary he could afford to buy a new pair of jeans?
      You're looking at his jeans in that picture?

      Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

      51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.
    • #698
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
      Posts
      6,868


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What airport that? Not Heathrow or Gatwick.

      His missus (?) has a nice rack.
      But why does he look like he is being flanked by Russian heavies?
      Belgium I would imagine. Before take off.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
    • #699
      'The' Yaztromo Kosh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest
      Posts
      3,187


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agree 100% however we have (almost ) signed a player for less, almost certainly less on wages, for a player with similar potential (maybe) We could have a bargain or a duffer......a situation not unlike United, whoever we sign from a ' lower ' league is a gamble, British, Belgium, Dutch ect ect
      Top stuff and I wholeheartedly agree. At this level, proven quality or 'next big thing' signings are virtually impossible for a club like us, with the current wage structure and sustainable business model. Therefore, as you say, ALL of our signings are a risk to a greater or lesser extent. A championship player might not be able to step up, even after blazing 25 goals last time around... Look at David Nugent, couldn't deliver after being tipped as the nest big thing. Ultimately the signings from Holland, Belgium etc. represent the same risk, but (in all likelihood) for lesser wages and potentially a bigger profit on a future sale... whilst at the same time, probably costing us less (in tangible losses) if they fail and return to the EU.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
    • #700
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      46,104


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not sure if you're fishing but he seems to have played a lot of games last year for a sick note!
      No, I wasn't fishing but others have listed all his injuries earlier in the thread. Medicals are not just a formality.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •