Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wonder if one of the statisticians on here can say from which crosses did GM score most headed goals was it from the left or right wing and who provided the crosses.

I'm not a stato, but I can't recall him scoring any headers from open play. He certainly got scored with his feet away vs Fulham from a Montoya cross from the right, and also a Bruno misplaced shot also from the right, and then that delightful deft finish against United from a Solly cross from the left.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
OMB is the answer to the question, but what is the question? What about NP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The Belgian & Dutch leagues (with possible exception of Ajax) are lower level Championship / top L1 standard.

Just because somebody has been tearing up those leagues they do not a PL player make (as Ali J & Locadia have proved).

Even Davy Propper, who is a class above those two, looked decidedly iffy last season after having a good start.

Some day the penny will drop (I hope)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Belgian & Dutch leagues (with possible exception of Ajax) are lower level Championship / top L1 standard.

Just because somebody has been tearing up those leagues they do not a PL player make (as Ali J & Locadia have proved).

Even Davy Propper, who is a class above those two, looked decidedly iffy last season after having a good start.

Watch much Dutch and Belgian football do you ?

I’d say bearing in mind how some of them faired in the Champions League they are FAR better than lower champ and league one.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

The fact that we have made a couple of poor signings doesn’t mean that all the players from the Belgium and Dutch leagues are rubbish. After all Belgium is the number 1 ranked national football team in the world and a large chunk of the squad were products of the Anderlecht academy.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

Yeah, because there have never been any good Dutch or Belgian players, have there?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
The fact that we have made a couple of poor signings doesn’t mean that all the players from the Belgium and Dutch leagues are rubbish. After all Belgium is the number 1 ranked national football team in the world and a large chunk of the squad were products of the Anderlecht academy.

Lets have a debate as to whether those signings were even used to their best abilities and strengths. I say they were not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lets have a debate as to whether those signings were even used to their best abilities and strengths. I say they were not.

Of course they weren’t, it’s like expecting Dunk to be a blinding winger and then writing him off because he’s not and isn’t allowed to defend either, because he’s been told to stay in the opposition half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course they weren’t, it’s like expecting Dunk to be a blinding winger and then writing him off because he’s not and isn’t allowed to defend either, being told to stay in the opposition half.

I'm sure when most of the boo-boys have a problem with their boiler, they flick through Yellow Pages, get a sparkie round only to moan that his plumbing is shitehouse.

Anyway that's all academic now.

I'm beginning to think it's the price tag our 'fans' can't cope with.
As a new record signing is likely to arrive, this summer, all previous record holders will get a freer pass while we have to read whining like:-

'well for that kind of money (not a lot) I expect him to jizz gold dust'.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure when most of the boo-boys have a problem with their boiler, they flick through Yellow Pages, get a sparkie round only to moan that his plumbing is shitehouse.

Very good

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because he’s much, much better on the left

True.

It will be interesting to see if GP plays inverted wingers but with VAR in full effect I’d much rather see Solly do what he’s good at, taking on a right back and dribbling for a cross or cut back. The slightest of touches? Penalty. Cross hits defender’s arm? Penalty. Much more dangerous than cutting in and shooting from 25 yards when there’s a gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I think there will be a real sense of relief in the squad as players will have a fresh start AJ, Andone and Locadia have had a full season of PL behind them and hopefully will be well rested, World Cups and major tournaments seem to really take it out of players especially offensive ones.

GP will give every player the chance to impress so I don’t anticipate many exits although I still fear Davy Proper might go. Come January it will be much clearer who will stay and who will go so I would anticipate a sizable chunk of the transfer budget being held back till then.

I am excited about the coming season and being the eternal optimist I think the team will thrive but of course the fear of a grinding soul destroying season of anti-football has been dampened even though the fear of relegation lurks in the back of my mind.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I think there will be a real sense of relief in the squad as players will have a fresh start AJ, Andone and Locadia have had a full season of PL behind them and hopefully will be well rested, World Cups and major tournaments seem to really take it out of players especially offensive ones.

GP will give every player the chance to impress so I don’t anticipate many exits although I still fear Davy Proper might go. Come January it will be much clearer who will stay and who will go so I would anticipate a sizable chunk of the transfer budget being held back till then.

I am excited about the coming season and being the eternal optimist I think the team will thrive but of course the fear of a grinding soul destroying season of anti-football has been dampened even though the fear of relegation lurks in the back of my mind.

Makes sense in one way, however also worth remembering we stayed up by the skin of our teeth, hardly had a shot let alone score a goal and had the attacking pace of a snail, so I cannot believe we will hold sizable chunk of budget back...Jan would be too late!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Anyway that's all academic now.

I'm beginning to think it's the price tag our 'fans' can't cope with.
As a new record signing is likely to arrive, this summer, all previous record holders will get a freer pass while we have to read whining like:-

'well for that kind of money (not a lot) I expect him to jizz gold dust'.

Spot on.

Sorry, what I meant was, until a new player has been given a four paragraph eulogy (complete with pathos, bathos and allegory, with reference to how much better he is than all those players back in his day, when men were men, garnished with some homoeroticism) on NSC by none other than [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] then, I'm sorry, he is shitehouse and not worth all that money. Fact.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So to save me scrolling through, is there any further news on this transfer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here