Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Chukka Umunna joins the Lib Dems

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm somewhat surprised and somewhat underwhelmed, if I'm being perfectly honest - not with Chuka Umunna or yourself for starting this thread, but with the fact I thought far more of the NSC Gammon/Broflake/Brexit voting contingent would be drawn to this thread like moths to a light bulb, spluttering on about how it's all opportunistic virtue signalling by Umunna/political correctness gone mad/outrageous or something or other.

Never mind.

Basically,Chuka is a complete irrelevance,who has moved from two irrelevant parties to one full of has-beens and non-entities.Surprised even the BBC bothered with any coverage.Will lose his seat in September once the Brexit /Tory tactical alliance sweep the board in the necessary GE.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Basically,Chuka is a complete irrelevance,who has moved from two irrelevant parties to one full of has-beens and non-entities.Surprised even the BBC bothered with any coverage.Will lose his seat in September once the Brexit /Tory tactical alliance sweep the board in the necessary GE.

Maybe.
Maybe not.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:lolol:

It's Farridge who should be kept off our screens. Not a single MP, nor has he ever had. The Tories can't even agree on Brexit among themselves let alone do a deal with the Brexit Party and the Brexit Party in any case can't win a by-election in 61% Leave voting Peterboro. In any case he's shown his hand far too early by sticking the only electable right wing loons in to Brussles. God only knows the calibre of people he'd have to put up in a GE in September. They'll probably ask you.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
:lolol:

It's Farridge who should be kept off our screens. Not a single MP, nor has he ever had. The Tories can't even agree on Brexit among themselves let alone do a deal with the Brexit Party and the Brexit Party in any case can't win a by-election in 61% Leave voting Peterboro. In any case he's shown his hand far too early by sticking the only electable right wing loons in to Brussles. God only knows the calibre of people he'd have to put up in a GE in September. They'll probably ask you.

Already asked,but unfortunately I seem to be doing my hair all through September.Plenty of Labour marginals for the Brexit Party to kill them off,and I fully expect to have Chucker on board by then to retain his Streatham seat for the British National Party,or Monster Raving Loony,whichever he's in then.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

In alls seriousness, I don't think he'll even bother attempting to fight his Streatham seat for The Lib Dems at the next general election. As he's the first former Change UK MP to join The Lib Dems, I think he's hoping he'll be rewarded by being selected as the candidate for Richmond Park to take on Zac Goldsmith, or for Twickenham if Cable stands down at the next election.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here