Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Loyalty points?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not quite sure what your point is unless you're resurrecting the old loyalty point scheme moans.
    Nope. Guess again?
    “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      Loyalty points is a real oxymoron. Wouldn't be able to give em away if club fell on hard times again yet here we are in the PL and ‘thanking’ our fans for turning up to watch Man U, Spurs etc. Tough times eh?
      I hate the term 'loyalty' points.

I'd call them Albion Points or Seagulls Points.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      I hate the term 'loyalty' points.

I'd call them Albion Points or Seagulls Points.
      I agree.... but weird as they get it right on the ticket site calling them season ticket holder points then in the info on the main website call them loyalty points

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blockhseagull View Post
      I agree.... but weird as they get it right on the ticket site calling them season ticket holder points then in the info on the main website call them loyalty points
      Guess its easier to have one term for all points holders - season tickets, MyAlbion+, and general points holders (purchase history) (although the latter two could be considered the same). Guess loyalty points is as good as any as it relies on the person actually attending the matches to accrue the points. Attendee points isn't as touchy-feely and Customer points would rightfully get people's backs up.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dolphins View Post
      Guess its easier to have one term for all points holders - season tickets, MyAlbion+, and general points holders (purchase history) (although the latter two could be considered the same). Guess loyalty points is as good as any as it relies on the person actually attending the matches to accrue the points. Attendee points isn't as touchy-feely and Customer points would rightfully get people's backs up.
      I think the issue is that "loyalty" means different things to different people. To the club, loyalty = STH who has recently been to home cup games and away games, which is a perfectly reasonable way to describe the term. However, those who are most pissed off by the club's definition are those who held ST at Withdean/Gillingham/Goldstone but not now, or those who used to do away games but no longer do. They've been around longer than many who are now deemed "loyal", and the term "loyalty" just irks with them. The club would reply: you used to be loyal, sure, but you're not now.

It really would be less confrontational to call them something completely neutral like "Season Ticket Holder Albion Points", or something.
      2A

5 Not allowed!
      Here we go again.

Does it really matter what they are called? If you can't get tickets because you don't have enough points then what they are called makes no difference. And you don't have enough tickets because you don't go enough. It really is that simple.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Goldstone1976 View Post
      It really would be less confrontational to call them something completely neutral like "Season Ticket Holder Albion Points", or something.
      On the website they are actually called Season Ticket Holder Points and no mention of the word loyalty at all on the page. It's only us fans calling them loyalty points still. But yeah Albion Points would be a less cumbersome name for them.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure how, but for the Watford game I’ve moved from the lower end of the top points tier to the second tier - I just never get how it works

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
      Not sure how, but for the Watford game I’ve moved from the lower end of the top points tier to the second tier - I just never get how it works
      Same for two of us... ten short of top category when for the majority of the past two seasons I've been fairly ok in the top category. I'm sure Watford will be fine but its frustrating.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      Here we go again.

Does it really matter what they are called? If you can't get tickets because you don't have enough points then what they are called makes no difference. And you don't have enough tickets because you don't go enough. It really is that simple.
      Rich enough, time to spare, family etc. No it’s not that simple Drew, you can also effectively buy your way in with a top season ticket that you use once a season. Sorry, but your statement is flawed. There’s no perfect solution, but it’s far from simple. Unless, of course, it suits you.
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”