Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loyalty points?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not quite sure what your point is unless you're resurrecting the old loyalty point scheme moans.

Nope. Guess again? :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Loyalty points is a real oxymoron. Wouldn't be able to give em away if club fell on hard times again yet here we are in the PL and ‘thanking’ our fans for turning up to watch Man U, Spurs etc. Tough times eh? ???:)
I hate the term 'loyalty' points.

I'd call them Albion Points or Seagulls Points.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I agree.... but weird as they get it right on the ticket site calling them season ticket holder points then in the info on the main website call them loyalty points
Guess its easier to have one term for all points holders - season tickets, MyAlbion+, and general points holders (purchase history) (although the latter two could be considered the same). Guess loyalty points is as good as any as it relies on the person actually attending the matches to accrue the points. Attendee points isn't as touchy-feely and Customer points would rightfully get people's backs up.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Guess its easier to have one term for all points holders - season tickets, MyAlbion+, and general points holders (purchase history) (although the latter two could be considered the same). Guess loyalty points is as good as any as it relies on the person actually attending the matches to accrue the points. Attendee points isn't as touchy-feely and Customer points would rightfully get people's backs up.

I think the issue is that "loyalty" means different things to different people. To the club, loyalty = STH who has recently been to home cup games and away games, which is a perfectly reasonable way to describe the term. However, those who are most pissed off by the club's definition are those who held ST at Withdean/Gillingham/Goldstone but not now, or those who used to do away games but no longer do. They've been around longer than many who are now deemed "loyal", and the term "loyalty" just irks with them. The club would reply: you used to be loyal, sure, but you're not now.

It really would be less confrontational to call them something completely neutral like "Season Ticket Holder Albion Points", or something.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Here we go again.

Does it really matter what they are called? If you can't get tickets because you don't have enough points then what they are called makes no difference. And you don't have enough tickets because you don't go enough. It really is that simple.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It really would be less confrontational to call them something completely neutral like "Season Ticket Holder Albion Points", or something.

On the website they are actually called Season Ticket Holder Points and no mention of the word loyalty at all on the page. It's only us fans calling them loyalty points still. But yeah Albion Points would be a less cumbersome name for them.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Not sure how, but for the Watford game I’ve moved from the lower end of the top points tier to the second tier - I just never get how it works

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Not sure how, but for the Watford game I’ve moved from the lower end of the top points tier to the second tier - I just never get how it works

Same for two of us... ten short of top category when for the majority of the past two seasons I've been fairly ok in the top category. I'm sure Watford will be fine but its frustrating.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Here we go again.

Does it really matter what they are called? If you can't get tickets because you don't have enough points then what they are called makes no difference. And you don't have enough tickets because you don't go enough. It really is that simple.

Rich enough, time to spare, family etc. No it’s not that simple Drew, you can also effectively buy your way in with a top season ticket that you use once a season. Sorry, but your statement is flawed. There’s no perfect solution, but it’s far from simple. Unless, of course, it suits you.

I did a quick back of the fag packet calculation, and I reckon the absolute max is 453 :thumbsup:

I've had a ST 20+ years go to every away game.

I have 466.

I believe you could only have more if you did all the games but are in 1901...or if the club miscalculated/missed an allocation on mine along the way.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I have 466.

I believe you could only have more if you did all the games but are in 1901...or if the club miscalculated/missed an allocation on mine along the way.

:bowdown:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Rich enough, time to spare, family etc. No it’s not that simple Drew, you can also effectively buy your way in with a top season ticket that you use once a season. Sorry, but your statement is flawed. There’s no perfect solution, but it’s far from simple. Unless, of course, it suits you.

So logically its unfair if it doesn't suit you.

And so we start with the same arguments from last season, it's not fair I can't get a ticket, and yet many of the away games last season went all the way down the tiers.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I have 466.

1901 get no extra points over standard STH; haven't for at least the last 2 seasons.

Do you also go to every home cup game?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's only us fans calling them loyalty points still.

Not so. In the club's tweet yesterday announcing the rollover was complete (it wasn't, btw), they called them "loyalty points". The club are as conflicted about what to call them as the fans are!

Given the text of the tweet, it's possible that the club refer to the whole thing as "loyalty points", split into "STH points" and "member points"...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So logically its unfair if it doesn't suit you.

And so we start with the same arguments from last season, it's not fair I can't get a ticket, and yet many of the away games last season went all the way down the tiers.

Pretty much every game outside of London went to all the lower tiers, I dont believe Chelsea sold out. A friend of ours who has a bronze Membership or whatever it is called now managed to get to 10 away games last season without any trouble.

Again to me it feels like people are moaning without even trying, similar to the view that Withdean was always sold out after the first couple of seasons, if you bothered and tried to get a ticket you always could.

As for buying a season ticket and buying your way to the top, for me that defines a fan and a supporter you can a fan of a club but unless you are contributing to the club with your own earnings you arent supporting its running in anyway.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not so. In the club's tweet yesterday announcing the rollover was complete (it wasn't, btw), they called them "loyalty points". The club are as conflicted about what to call them as the fans are!

Given the text of the tweet, it's possible that the club refer to the whole thing as "loyalty points", split into "STH points" and "member points"...

Well spotted! I even posted that tweet here and didn't notice it.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Pretty much every game outside of London went to all the lower tiers, I dont believe Chelsea sold out. A friend of ours who has a bronze Membership or whatever it is called now managed to get to 10 away games last season without any trouble.

Again to me it feels like people are moaning without even trying, similar to the view that Withdean was always sold out after the first couple of seasons, if you bothered and tried to get a ticket you always could.

As for buying a season ticket and buying your way to the top, for me that defines a fan and a supporter you can a fan of a club but unless you are contributing to the club with your own earnings you arent supporting its running in anyway.
This...
Before last season I had only gone to the odd away game. I had a 2 ST year rollover plus what little I had got from cup games etc. The only games that I wasn't able to go to because of tickets selling out before my allocation were Bournemouth, Millwall and Watford which is close enough to London but not actually London and I got the last ticket for Fulham so a bit of luck there (but then they sold more expensive neutral tickets later).

Going to a lot of the away games bumps you up the list and by the end of the season I was getting into the second tier or close. Sadly due to bad luck I wont be ticking off Watford again this season as I am again back in 3rd allocation. Its a smaller ground and its fair, I really dont see why I should be above anyone else they earned the points. Hoping to get City as that again was one I missed last year due to me being ill.

Edit to add Chelsea I think sold out first time but then the fixture moved and it didnt sell out the second time because of all the fixtures and Wembley making it an expensife month.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I've never claimed the system is perfect, it never will be but it is certainly the best that we have had. Those that are able to go regularly are rewarded, unfortunately that's life. Some people chose to have 2 or even 3 holidays a year, long weekends and city breaks others balance it out with going to football.

Yes, the current system suits me. My circumstances might change and in the future it might not be able to but whilst it does, I'm going to enjoy it (even more so if this season Potter is to us what Ranieri was to Leicester!!).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here