Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Limehouse Lizzy in Shoreham Friday 14th June

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a single spare ticket for Limehouse Lizzy at the Ropetackle in Shoreham on Friday if anyone fancies it, face value, £17.50.

I'm not normally into tribute bands, but these are different. If you like Thin Lizzy, these guys will blow your socks off.

https://youtu.be/gHaQZ2aFc_Q

PM me if you'd like the ticket.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I was around I’d join you. As an aside, there’s a brilliant video of Metallica playing “Whisky” in Ireland last week. It’s on their Facebook page.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If I was around I’d join you. As an aside, there’s a brilliant video of Metallica playing “Whisky” in Ireland last week. It’s on their Facebook page.

Wow, just watched it, that band still can do it probably better than most. To coin a phrase once used by someone else about another group, ‘a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline’

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is there any more available Phil or was it sold out? I really want two

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Saw that yesterday and it's not only great but timely poignant as Phil's mother has just died. There is also a less obvious Lizzy connection in that video in that Kirk Hammett is playing the 59 'Greeny' Les Paul that used to belong to much missed Gary Moore.

I'm off to Twickenham next Thursday to see Metallica and am hoping this track is included.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, just watched it, that band still can do it probably better than most. To coin a phrase once used by someone else about another group, ‘a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline’

Thought you’d like it. They really have made that song a classic of their own.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have a single spare ticket for Limehouse Lizzy at the Ropetackle in Shoreham on Friday if anyone fancies it, face value, £17.50.

I'm not normally into tribute bands, but these are different. If you like Thin Lizzy, these guys will blow your socks off.

https://youtu.be/gHaQZ2aFc_Q

PM me if you'd like the ticket.

Saw TL at the Dome many years ago...loved it....havnt seen these guys

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Saw TL at the Dome many years ago...loved it....havnt seen these guys

Lucky you. 73? Supporting Slade? Saw the Scott Gorham version at Hammersmith Odeon in around 76. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fortunate enough to see Lizzy live 3 times in the '80's at the Brighton Centre. Great band, joint greatest frontman with that chap with the E-Street Band.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't Phil Lynott go out with Leslie Crowders' daughter at some point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't Phil Lynott go out with Leslie Crowders' daughter at some point

Indeed. I met her brother Nick a few times through the North London circles I moved in around 20 years ago. Went to a few gigs with him as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here