Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football on Amazon Prime

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I subscribed to NBC Gold a couple of seasons ago. You don't get every Premier League game. It's all the 3pm kick-offs, apart from whichever one they're showing on their main channel. Then you get some evening matches, usually when there's a full round of fixtures.

That's right. The games not on NBC gold are either on the main NBC channel or NBC Sports channel - and these are only shown in the States. That would have been another downside if we had been relegated as I am now used to being able to see every Brighton game live in the States

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Soon it will be cheaper to watch your club in the flesh!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Also it is possible to sign up for a free Amazon Prime 30 day trial and cancel it at the end of the trial without paying anything.
I strongly suspect that like many other services on-line - credit ratings, ancestry searching, etc. - it will be extremely hard to find the 'unsubscribe' or 'cancel' button - you'll probably need at least a master's degree in computer programming and t'internet to actually stop your membership once your free trial ends - they will, after all, have got the Direct Debit set up - that will have been done before you get your free trial.

I don't actually possess a barge-pole, but I still wouldn't!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also it is possible to sign up for a free Amazon Prime 30 day trial and cancel it at the end of the trial without paying anything. Whilst I already have Prime I could imagine quite a few Brighton fans signing up for a trial (probably using a Bozza/NSC link) at the start of December and cancelling after Boxing Day.
I (and I imagine others too) will be using my 30 day trial for Black Friday. If the deals start ahead of BF, the trial will run out before boxing day.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
That shows £7.99 per month or £79 per year but no indication of minimum time of contract. Could you sign up then cancel in a month?

There is no minimum term, its a recurring monthly or yearly charge until you cancel. The services would end whenever your next payment was due (either the next time your monthly payment was due or whenever your year long subscription ends).

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Woo hoo, this makes me so happy.

However much I resent Sky, I would now have to subscribe (pay) to 3 different broadcasters, and seemingly more very soon, to watch the football.

#modernfootballisshit

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Woo hoo, this makes me so happy.

However much I resent Sky, I would now have to subscribe (pay) to 3 different broadcasters, and seemingly more very soon, to watch the football.

#modernfootballisshit

I thought about getting Premier to watch the Copa America, and I still might, because I'm horribly weak-willed, but I also feel like, even though these non-Sky subscriptions are naff all in the scheme of things if you earn an average wage and go on the lash regularly, paying up just enables these hounds. It never really ends and I'd probably rather cough up more to go to games in the end, no matter how miserable an experience that frequently is these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here