Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football on Amazon Prime

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
More ways to fleece the customer/fan

Not sure how this can be a good thing, sure it’s included in the price this season because it’s effectively only a handful of games. If Amazon go for this in a big way it’s going to be yet another big expense for the football fan to watch games.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More ways to fleece the customer/fan

Not sure how this can be a good thing, sure it’s included in the price this season because it’s effectively only a handful of games. If Amazon go for this in a big way it’s going to be yet another big expense for the football fan to watch games.

:wrong: you dont have to watch everything thats televised.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
:wrong: you dont have to watch everything thats televised.

Obviously I know that ..... but the point is still the same.... Sky and BT aren’t going to reduce their charges if they have less football and Amazon and any other streaming services are just going to raise theirs as they get more.

I’m not talking about watching every game, thinking more about Brighton fans who aren’t able to get to games and to watch the games that are televised they have to subscribe to multiple channels to watch them.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I like the idea of a Netflix/Prime style streaming service for all premier league games. Prime is very useful for so many different things, and this could be another. Sky Sports is so ridiculously expensive something needs to change, and this could be the way we can eventually have access to our games, legally, for an affordable price. A reasonable way to tackle illegal streaming too (they'll never stop it whilst there's no better alternative).

Sky Sports isn't that expensive. I called up last month to renegotiate and got an 18 month deal for £30 a month - they even gave me the movie channels (which I don't particularly want) but I thought that wasn't too bad. Normal package price for all I've got would have been nearly £80 a month.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I’m not talking about watching every game, thinking more about Brighton fans who aren’t able to get to games and to watch the games that are televised they have to subscribe to multiple channels to watch them.

again, you dont have to subscribe. if not on TV, they wouldn't have the opportunity to watch at all, unless at the game. more options to watch is positive.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Until the technology improves its a no from me.

Watching any form of streaming content I find the lag very annoying. I was away for the UEFA cup final this year so was watching it on the BT Sport app. I was also following the game with my bookmaker and the stream was ~1 min behind.

Even more frustrating when its the Albion as I have numerous apps sending me push alerts when we score/concede.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Watching any form of streaming content I find the lag very annoying. I was away for the UEFA cup final this year so was watching it on the BT Sport app. I was also following the game with my bookmaker and the stream was ~1 min behind.

Even more frustrating when its the Albion as I have numerous apps sending me push alerts when we score/concede.

If I have to watch a stream I turn off all push alerts and the bookie. No need to follow a game on more than 1 source.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When watching a stream I just tell my family not to ring only at half or full time then watch the game even if it is 1 minute behind it doesn't make any difference to me watching it as I am not aware of any scores. The only point I have is when the commentary is not in sinc with the action and is in front of it, so they report something that hasn't happened on the screen yet.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I strongly suspect that like many other services on-line - credit ratings, ancestry searching, etc. - it will be extremely hard to find the 'unsubscribe' or 'cancel' button - you'll probably need at least a master's degree in computer programming and t'internet to actually stop your membership once your free trial ends - they will, after all, have got the Direct Debit set up - that will have been done before you get your free trial.

I don't actually possess a barge-pole, but I still wouldn't!

Amazon Prime is dead easy to cancel. Been on and off it several times. It's a couple of clicks of a mouse on the Amazon website.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
What are the draw backs to taking out a 30 day trial of Prime mid November paying 1 month then cancelling so you would get both games in December for £7.99

If you only want Prime for the football couldn't you just start the free trial a couple of days before the first game. You'll get both games for free and you just need to cancel before the trial is up.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

This isnt going to be like watching on a bookies app this is Amazon. They own TwitchTV which streams live events 24/7 to millions and have done so for years. It used to be called Justin.tv yep that place where illegal streams once lived.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Another way of squeezing money out of the pockets of us football fans and into the swag bags of footballers and their agents. Where do I sign?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I strongly suspect that like many other services on-line - credit ratings, ancestry searching, etc. - it will be extremely hard to find the 'unsubscribe' or 'cancel' button - you'll probably need at least a master's degree in computer programming and t'internet to actually stop your membership once your free trial ends - they will, after all, have got the Direct Debit set up - that will have been done before you get your free trial.

I don't actually possess a barge-pole, but I still wouldn't!

Actually I found it very simple to un-subscribe. Amazon seen to be quite decent to it's customers.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Another way of squeezing money out of the pockets of us football fans and into the swag bags of footballers and their agents. Where do I sign?

I find it wierd that the squeezing money story is coming up for this when people like me who dont have a SKY or BT subscription can finally legally watch football on Prime which I already have and have had for years. Where were you when BT jumped in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here