Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horton's halftime iceberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is when the Potter magic will kick in, that's when the Psychology MA comes into affect and BHAFC the musical named '50 points and flying' premiers at the Dome.

Words that rhyme with...

... 'Sweden' go
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Blooming Marvellous Horton's halftime iceberg's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      Words that rhyme with...

... 'Sweden' go
      Its so Funny,

'Moving out to Sweden
      My ambition I am feedin''
      Dawning of a new era
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      No away wins whatsoever - not even for an unlikely forecast of fixtures that qualifies us for Europe? Was this the same last season?

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thimble Keegan View Post
      This is quite interesting, especially as I did the first ever "Stay-Up - O - Meter" on here many years back.

The thing is, there is a far, far simpler way of tracking survival and that is to average a point-per-game. So long as we have more or an equal number of points per matches played then we are on track to stay-up.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
      Westminster BHA
      Although that would only show what we require on average, taking no account of those games we are more likely to pick up points from, and those, where to be honest, its likely we wont. The beauty of Giraffe's tracker is that it gives a pretty good indication of how we are doing in relation to where we could reasonably expect to be at any given point of the season. Although only in its third season this tracker has become to "go to page" after every match.
      VERY part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by :J) View Post
      No away wins whatsoever - not even for an unlikely forecast of fixtures that qualifies us for Europe? Was this the same last season?
      Well done, the first award for not reading the rationale of the tracker. More will follow no doubt

Yes it's the same as last season.

0 Not allowed!
      This tracker thing is what keeps me sane (and hopefully bone dry) all season.
      This week, I have mostly been eating bourbon biscuits.
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Well, we certainly didn't start too well at Watford last season, so a point after one game already looks VERY optimistic
      (Does look fairly straight forward when broken down like this...)
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by :J) View Post
      Kudos on totally missing the point.
      Remy LeBeau

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbrighton View Post
      Although that would only show what we require on average, taking no account of those games we are more likely to pick up points from, and those, where to be honest, its likely we wont. The beauty of Giraffe's tracker is that it gives a pretty good indication of how we are doing in relation to where we could reasonably expect to be at any given point of the season. Although only in its third season this tracker has become to "go to page" after every match.
      But you cannot guarantee points against any clubs, so earmarking where you will your points from is a little strange. I understand that you can write off wins against the "Big 6", especially away from home but the rest can depend on many factors.

Since Watford have been promoted they have been favourites for relegation every season, so after our comfortable survival the 2 years ago, I bet 99% of Albion fans would have been confident going to Vicarage Road at the start of last season...But we were turd and got beat. Also, Fulham who finished second-bottom we only took 1 point from and 3rd bottom Cardiff we got zero points out of. So it is difficult to judge who we will and won't beat.

So I like the idea of averaging a point-per-game as it takes out the worry of who we are playing so long as we are hitting the average we know we will be fine.

Thimble Keegan
      Westminster BHA

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thimble Keegan View Post
      But you cannot guarantee points against any clubs, so earmarking where you will your points from is a little strange. I understand that you can write off wins against the "Big 6", especially away from home but the rest can depend on many factors.

Since Watford have been promoted they have been favourites for relegation every season, so after our comfortable survival the 2 years ago, I bet 99% of Albion fans would have been confident going to Vicarage Road at the start of last season...But we were turd and got beat. Also, Fulham who finished second-bottom we only took 1 point from and 3rd bottom Cardiff we got zero points out of. So it is difficult to judge who we will and won't beat.

So I like the idea of averaging a point-per-game as it takes out the worry of who we are playing so long as we are hitting the average we know we will be fine.

Thimble Keegan
      Westminster BHA
      Far better way is your way, 1.05 points a match for 40 points is easier to track than predicting which games we may get points from