Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No away wins whatsoever - not even for an unlikely forecast of fixtures that qualifies us for Europe? Was this the same last season?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
This is quite interesting, especially as I did the first ever "Stay-Up - O - Meter" on here many years back.

The thing is, there is a far, far simpler way of tracking survival and that is to average a point-per-game. So long as we have more or an equal number of points per matches played then we are on track to stay-up.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Although that would only show what we require on average, taking no account of those games we are more likely to pick up points from, and those, where to be honest, its likely we wont. The beauty of Giraffe's tracker is that it gives a pretty good indication of how we are doing in relation to where we could reasonably expect to be at any given point of the season. Although only in its third season this tracker has become to "go to page" after every match.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No away wins whatsoever - not even for an unlikely forecast of fixtures that qualifies us for Europe? Was this the same last season?

Well done, the first award for not reading the rationale of the tracker. More will follow no doubt :)

Yes it's the same as last season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Well, we certainly didn't start too well at Watford last season, so a point after one game already looks VERY optimistic :)
(Does look fairly straight forward when broken down like this...)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Although that would only show what we require on average, taking no account of those games we are more likely to pick up points from, and those, where to be honest, its likely we wont. The beauty of Giraffe's tracker is that it gives a pretty good indication of how we are doing in relation to where we could reasonably expect to be at any given point of the season. Although only in its third season this tracker has become to "go to page" after every match.

But you cannot guarantee points against any clubs, so earmarking where you will your points from is a little strange. I understand that you can write off wins against the "Big 6", especially away from home but the rest can depend on many factors.

Since Watford have been promoted they have been favourites for relegation every season, so after our comfortable survival the 2 years ago, I bet 99% of Albion fans would have been confident going to Vicarage Road at the start of last season...But we were turd and got beat. Also, Fulham who finished second-bottom we only took 1 point from and 3rd bottom Cardiff we got zero points out of. So it is difficult to judge who we will and won't beat.

So I like the idea of averaging a point-per-game as it takes out the worry of who we are playing so long as we are hitting the average we know we will be fine.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
But you cannot guarantee points against any clubs, so earmarking where you will your points from is a little strange. I understand that you can write off wins against the "Big 6", especially away from home but the rest can depend on many factors.

Since Watford have been promoted they have been favourites for relegation every season, so after our comfortable survival the 2 years ago, I bet 99% of Albion fans would have been confident going to Vicarage Road at the start of last season...But we were turd and got beat. Also, Fulham who finished second-bottom we only took 1 point from and 3rd bottom Cardiff we got zero points out of. So it is difficult to judge who we will and won't beat.

So I like the idea of averaging a point-per-game as it takes out the worry of who we are playing so long as we are hitting the average we know we will be fine.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Far better way is your way, 1.05 points a match for 40 points is easier to track than predicting which games we may get points from

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

For me, that only starts to make sense toward the end of the season. This tracker is a specific target per game. If we play the first five games and end with 5 points, your model says we are on track, when we blatantly wouldn’t be. You’d be happily bumbling about whereas the rest of us would have sodden sheets and be bashing the life out of our Potter

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Far better way is your way, 1.05 points a match for 40 points is easier to track than predicting which games we may get points from

You lads should run a second tracker, for the people that want a more straight forward view. 5.25 points after game five then?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

But could leave you sleeping in piss if we have a run of tougher fixtures.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Well, we certainly didn't start too well at Watford last season, so a point after one game already looks VERY optimistic :)
(Does look fairly straight forward when broken down like this...)

Lets hope there is still a hangover from being tonked by Man City in the cup (I know there is no chance of this just want to clutch at some straws from game 1!)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

New line included just for you Flat Earth lot.

Attachments

• Flat Earth 2.png
    Flat Earth 2.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 846

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
New line included just for you Flat Earth lot.

I actually went to school with a girl who was convinced that the earth was a flat triangle and would not have it any other way.

I think I when I did the original one way back when, I based it on getting a certain amount of points per month to stay-up in The Championship.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is quite interesting, especially as I did the first ever "Stay-Up - O - Meter" on here many years back.
:shrug:
The thing is, there is a far, far simpler way of tracking survival and that is to average a point-per-game. So long as we have more or an equal number of points per matches played then we are on track to stay-up.
Simpler, yes, but crap.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So you've put our Premier League survival at risk purely because you didn't want to get slated. You make me sick you gutless coward.

Yes a pathetic cowardly act. That said we didn't go down last season either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here