Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
The way I look at it is comparing last seasons exact same fixtures. not predicting.
for instance. Last season
lost 0-2 at Watford. This season Won 3-0
won 1-0 home west ham, this season drew 1-1
Lost 0-1 home Southampton, this season lost 0-2.

So if you compare the two seasons back to back, we are actually 1 point better off then last season so far. not 3 points down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pretty well all the results were a kick in the goolies for us this weekend. Given that we’ll get nothing next weekend it’s likely to get worse before it gets better.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It’s odd isn’t it. I actually feel like the only reason we aren’t sitting on 9 points is a bit of luck and Florin’s poor challenge. We’ve definitely seemed the better team in all three games. So I’m actually fairly positive atm

I'm also positive atm, but would add that (Watford aside, when it was excellent) our finishing could be better. No point creating chances if you don't bury them.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Five points behind the tracker already is worrying. Yes we have played well but we have to be taking more than one point at home to Southampton and Burnley. We need to find a couple of unlikely results from somewhere.

Today feels like a defeat, the only crumb of comfort is they beat us well last season and we should have beaten them this time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'll be honest - I am worried. Five points behind after five is not great. A brown stain in the bed may be forming soon.

However I am not Potter bashing just yet, I think he is doing a good job, but fear his attacking options may be too limited without Trossard.

That said our formation may suit us away from home more and I fancy us to win at Newcastle which will reduce the deficit.

Attachments

• NSC Graph 5.png
    NSC Graph 5.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 557
  • NSC Fixtures 5.png
    NSC Fixtures 5.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 562

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'll be honest I am worried, five points behind after five is not great. A brown stain in the bed may be forming soon.

However I am not Potter bashing just yet, I think he is doing a good job, but fear his attacking options may be too limited without Trossard.

That said our formation may suit us away from home more and I fancy us to win at Newcastle which will reduce the deficit.

Checked this tracker and our first 3 home predicted results I’m already out. One persons ridiculously slanted view on our season start.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last year :

Watford (A) 0
West Ham (H) 3
Southampton (H) 0
Man City (A) 0
Burnley (H) 0

2 points UP so far.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I think a looking back over the first games, I feel like we've left 7 points on the table that we'd played well enough to earn. That surely can't continue - if the team can keep the standards high, and as they become even more accustomed to playing the "Potter way", then we should start seeing results come our way.

So ... not worried yet. But we do need to start putting these games that we dominate to bed.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think a looking back over the first games, I feel like we've left 7 points on the table that we'd played well enough to earn. That surely can't continue - if the team can keep the standards high, and as they become even more accustomed to playing the "Potter way", then we should start seeing results come our way.

So ... not worried yet. But we do need to start putting these games that we dominate to bed.
Or we play crap and get a fluky win or two. Either would be welcome.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's a run now where we're only expected to pick up 5 points between now and mid-December, I feel like we could make up some ground in there, certainly Everton and Villa could be games where we make up some ground if we play well, and possibly elsewhere too.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
The interesting thing about this league so far is that more or less everyone has picked up a win. Its super competitive and there are no obvious relegation fodder clubs. Only two clubs without one and they are unlikley not to start picking up results soon. That might change after ten games but I suspect the early pattern will continue. Unlike previous seasons there's not a single team outside of Liverpool and Citie where I don't feel we could get something. Chelsea, Arsenal, Man utd and to a lesser degree Spuds look more vunerable and getting dragged closer to the chasing pack. With early signs that points will get spread around I think it will super tight at the bottom and quite a high total to stay up. Lets hope the 7 points dropped at home so far doesn't come to haunt us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here