Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The tracker has kept me sane through our first two seasons in the premier league, and throughout we have remained on course, or within a point or two of being on course. This is the first time I can remember us being this far below par. Its a worry, the tracker has so far proved a very reliable and useful measuring tool. We need to catch up these next few games or we will find ourselves in trouble.

10 pts from the first 5 games was always going to be a tough ask with a new manager with new ideas. We started in the PL after 2 seasons at the top of the Championship carrying forward that manager's ideas. We've started this season afresh, and it will take a bit of time.

If we only get 2 points from the next 6, as per the tracker, then I think I'll start to worry.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The tracker has kept me sane through our first two seasons in the premier league, and throughout we have remained on course, or within a point or two of being on course. This is the first time I can remember us being this far below par. Its a worry, the tracker has so far proved a very reliable and useful measuring tool. We need to catch up these next few games or we will find ourselves in trouble.

We were +7 for several games last season, and ended on -3.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
To be fair to [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION], it's not his viewpoint. It's an algorithm.

I’m lost now. Who decides on the input ?

Obviously best wishes to Giraffe if he’s getting ‘The Algorithms’, although medicine has come such a long way in recent years.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m lost now. Who decides on the input ?

Obviously best wishes to Giraffe if he’s getting ‘The Algorithms’, although medicine has come such a long way in recent years.

The algorithm is based on last season's finishing positions and the promoted 3 teams, giving 10 home wins and 10 away draws to predict the 'easiest' path to 40 pts. It is a basic route to 40 pts, not opinion, form, signings, etc. etc.

I mean ManUtd at home is obviously a guaranteed 3 points for us at home, but this is still a 0 because they finished in the top 10.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I believe the first season tracker was so accurate there was absolutely no point in playing.

We could have 'pools panelled' the entire 38 games and ended up exactly where we finished.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I believe the first season tracker was so accurate there was absolutely no point in playing.

We could have 'pools panelled' the entire 38 games and ended up exactly where we finished.

He’s got a point here. Can we not just turn up and drink all day and let the algorithms sort the results out.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

We could have predicted anything - Champions League, relegation, Amex destroyed by an earthquake, whatever - and we'd still have ended up exactly where we did!

Giraffe's tracker is still damned good though.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Looking at the fixtures, we really need 14 points by end of year to have a chance of
Survival. Struggling to work out how we can get those with no strike force ? Obviously if we beat Newcastle my view will change completely! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looking at the fixtures, we really need 14 points by end of year to have a chance of survival. Struggling to work out how we can get those with no strike force ?
Can't have been paying attention - I must have missed the newsflash announcing that Murray, Maupay, Connolly, Trossard, Izquierdo and Gros had been tragically wiped out. What happened?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Looking at the fixtures, we really need 14 points by end of year to have a chance of
Survival. Struggling to work out how we can get those with no strike force ? Obviously if we beat Newcastle my view will change completely! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Andone being almost certain to be dropped, and locadia being almost certain to be woeful... well... i’m not sure where you think/thought our glorious strike-force were going to appear from?

We’re no worse off than we were last year, with Maupay on board and a young trier, who i’d much rather see given a fair chance than a lazy mercenary with delusions of grandeur, and another mercenary with a screw loose - especially one who clearly had zero affection or loyalty to our club.

Indeed; I’d rather see you in our strike-force than either of them EVER again.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

The problem we have this season is that with a complete change of tactics a poor first half of the season (points wise) followed by a much improved second half is a very likely outcome. I think Swansea had a similar season last year as they adjusted to Potter. This could lead to some very nervous times over the next few months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here