Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I too like this thing you do.

I also enjoy it when people object to the formula you use as if you are offering the projections as predictions - I picture a giraffe rolling its eyes every time and giggle.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Looking at the eventual points needed to survive, the players' 'Sweet Caroline' dressing room celebrations at Norwich were actually spot on in terms of when we reached enough points to stay up. Good that we took another five after that, but given other teams' final points tallies, us reaching 36 meant that, although we didn't know it, we confirmed safety that day.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
This is my" go to page" after every match, don't change the format at all. . Thanks for keeping us all a little bit grounded when things were looking a bit iffy. Looking forward to next seasons version

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I also enjoy it when people object to the formula you use as if you are offering the projections as predictions - I picture a giraffe rolling its eyes every time and giggle.

Thanks for this. Yes. Now wondering whether it is physically possible for Giraffe to roll it's eyes. Obviously we know they can giggle. May check when I next visit Marwell.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A quick summary of where our points have come from.

I find it interesting that we have almost as many from away games as home. We only took 13 points at home from the bottom half teams. Clearly an area we can improve on.

Overall we took 23 points from the bottom half teams, and 18 from the top half teams. So, again if we can improve those results v bottom half, Europe here we come :)

Attachments

• Home and Away Final 19-20 adj.png
    Home and Away Final 19-20 adj.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Thanks, [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]. You're one of my favourites.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

I find it interesting that we have almost as many from away games as home. We only took 13 points at home from the bottom half teams. Clearly an area we can improve on.

Overall we took 23 points from the bottom half teams, and 18 from the top half teams. So, again if we can improve those results v bottom half, Europe here we come :)

What kept us up this year, for me, is just being hard to beat. We only lost 5 out of 20 games against teams outside the top 9. Turn 5 of those draws into defeats, suddenly teams around us have 10 more points and we’re finding ourselves on 36 points.

Just need to have that killer edge in front of goal!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great work, Giraffe. Thanks for all the updates.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Thanks Giraffe, excellent graph drawing all season.
Next season could be interesting based on the 'bottom 10' excluding us. In are Burnley, Saints, Newcastle & Everton. Above are Sheff Utd & Wolves plus the usual others.
Where will you place the mighty Leeds?

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham

That Arsenal stat is damn hilarious #TeamsLikeBrighton
21aff2ad3574b61a14f0d5c5f1c66b91.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here