Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes a pathetic cowardly act. That said we didn't go down last season either.
Yeah I didn't say you've guaranteed relegation, only that you've put survival at risk. It's not too late to edit your offending post.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I actually went to school with a girl who was convinced that the earth was a flat triangle and would not have it any other way.

I think I when I did the original one way back when, I based it on getting a certain amount of points per month to stay-up in The Championship.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

That's even more batshit. You're now only a short jump away from just having one figure - 40 points. I'm looking forward to your request to see the points target broken down by expected average temperature or something.

I'm not surprised you hang out with triangle-Earthers :) :p

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] Thanks mate, one of the most visited threads of each season. But can you please sort out the lines overlay / sequence:

Target black line - on top
Europe orange - on bottom
Flat-Earthers - whatever

x

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=301]Thimble Keegan[/MENTION]

Here is your tracker sir. I'll update it on game 38 :p :p :p

TK SUT tm.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we're just measuring progress by a point a game, there isn't much point in having a tracker; just take the number of games played and then check - have we got more points than that? (good) - or fewer points than that? (not so good). Or am I missing something that makes it more complicated than that?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If we're just measuring progress by a point a game, there isn't much point in having a tracker; just take the number of games played and then check - have we got more points than that? (good) - or fewer points than that? (not so good). Or am I missing something that makes it more complicated than that?

Yes it's 1.05263158 ponts per game

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot

No, you're not missing anything, it's just meaningless stats. Basically a complete waste of time but it keeps some people happy so let them crack on!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What about a "this time last season" line?

We need to make this as complicated as possible.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I want a "do a Leicester" line.

Before we make old long neck add that, can we please get a consensus list of what values we need?

Staying up points - done
Europe points - done
1.05263158 ppg points - done
Leicester 15/16 points - pending
Brighton 17/18 points - pending
Brighton 18/19 points - pending
Lowest ever points to stay up (3 points for a win) points - pending
Highest ever points to stay up (3 points for a win) points - pending
Average points for a team with a midget in goal points - pending

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What about a "this time last season" line?

We need to make this as complicated as possible.

To add further complication, we could have two lines for last season...

1. After the same number of games (ie-opposition neutral)
2. Against the same opponent last year (we'd have to agree which of the promoted sides substitutes for which of the relegated sides)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've spent all day compiling my calculations into a pretty failsafe geometric chart that will enable the man on the street to understand, it gives a clear and unbiased indication as to our chances, I hope it was worth the effort and you enjoy the possibilities of the outcome.

Stay Up

Go Down.

Thanks for participating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here