Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What games are you missing due to being on holiday?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
People actually take holidays during the football season ?

You'll be telling me people have weddings in August next.

For myself and Mrs P it's called avoiding going on holiday during the massive price-hike season when kids are off school. Added bonus of no screaming brats round the pool either.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Last time we went on holiday in September I timed it with the international break, but then moaned there wasn't any football on tv to watch in the bars! Think I ended up watching Portsmouth v Oxford one of the days.

So this year I've taken the plunge, and hoped I wouldn't miss a game I wanted to go to. Thankfully it's only Burnley at home, so quite happy with that. Might even be able to get it on tv on a moody foreign channel.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Three so far, 21st Aug Southampton (holiday) 14th Sep Burnley (family party), and 26th Oct Everton (holiday), and maybe the odd one next year too. Shame as l only missed out one home game all last season, and that not until the final day. ,

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Last time we went on holiday in September I timed it with the international break, but then moaned there wasn't any football on tv to watch in the bars! Think I ended up watching Portsmouth v Oxford one of the days.

So this year I've taken the plunge, and hoped I wouldn't miss a game I wanted to go to. Thankfully it's only Burnley at home, so quite happy with that. Might even be able to get it on tv on a moody foreign channel.

ONLY Burnley at home? It might be one of the games we have the best chance of winning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone seems to be assuming the Watford game won't be moved for TV. :jester:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Everyone seems to be assuming the Watford game won't be moved for TV. :jester:

Opening weekend TV games have been announced already and for some strange reason did not include the Watford game. However BBC2 are showing back to back Rockford Files episodes between 1 and 5 on the Saturday afternoon

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How can any fan already have booked a holiday during the season?
I wait until today to match up a two week period over the international breaks of Sept, Oct & Nov that includes a bad away match.
Sadly this season there is-
Sept Man City A & Burnley H
Oct sees Spurs H and Villa A
Nov is Man Utd A and Leicester H
Of those three it has to be Villa away that I'll miss so Mexico here I come.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Autumn half term ones: end of Oct/start of Nov so Everton and Norwich.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Watford (a) at a festival and Burnley (h) off to Iceland. Quite happy with how the fixture list has fallen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here