View Poll Results: What's your favourite 1970s American TV cop series?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Columbo

    13 19.12%
  • Hawai Five-0

    2 2.94%
  • Ironside

    0 0%
  • Kojak

    9 13.24%
  • McCloud

    0 0%
  • Cannon

    3 4.41%
  • Police Woman

    0 0%
  • Streets of San Francisco

    2 2.94%
  • Starsky and Hutch

    28 41.18%
  • Baretta

    0 0%
  • Chips

    11 16.18%
  • Serpico

    0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    Members The Clamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    West is BEST
    Posts
    10,996


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Serpico was a shortlived TV series. Only ran for 15 episodes between 1976-77 before being cancelled. The Pacino film was 1973.
    Well I’ll be blowed. I really liked the film.
    Love Great Britain
    Love the EU
    Love Inclusion and Progression.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      53,705


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Didn't Ironside, Columbo and Hawaii Five-0 all start in the 60s
      The Rockford Files didn't September 13, 1974, to January 10, 1980.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #23
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      2,324


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by happypig View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Edit, wrong decade.

      Cannon wasn't a policeman either
      My mistake, you're right, he wasn't. I had memories of him being called Detective Frank Cannon. I also thought I remembered scenes of him at the station having set tos with his colleagues and superiors. He was an ex cop so maybe he just visited and liaised as part of his PI work. But as you say he shouldn't be on the list.
    • #24
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      6,259


      0 Not allowed!
      This - Coz the theme tune was brilliant

    • #25
      Members Boys 9d's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Lancing
      Posts
      1,170


      0 Not allowed!
      Why isn't my favourite "Hill Street Blues" on the list ?
    • #26
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      2,324


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The Rockford Files didn't September 13, 1974, to January 10, 1980.
      Can you please stop going on about the Rockford Files. I quite clearly made the distinction that it had to be a cop show and in the accompanying post I even pointed out that Rockford was a PI not a cop in anticipation of people like you piping up. Admittedly I inadvertently included Cannon in my list who was a PI but I have already acknowledged that mistake and apologised for it, but it was an easy mistake to make given how young I was at the time of watching it. But at least Cannon was an ex cop whereas Jim Rockford never was. He was actually an ex con. He would never have gone anywhere near the police voluntarily in his previous life.

      So if you want to satisfy your fixation with the Rockford Files please start your own poll on 1970s American Private Detective TV series (although you could broaden the decade span to give more options). I would also suggest not to be too specific so don't include the ex con bit or anything about living in a mobile home or having a close relationship with their father as this might seriously limit your option choice. The trick is don't be too specific but make clear what is excluded as I did.
      Last edited by marlowe; 13-06-2019 at 09:17.
    • #27
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      2,324


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boys 9d View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why isn't my favourite "Hill Street Blues" on the list ?
      1980s (81-87) not 1970s so didn't fit the criteria. At least some of the episodes had to be screened in the 70s but was ok if they also spanned the 60s and 80s as long as they were partly in the 70s. At least it was a cop series though not a PI series so I'll forgive you for mentioning it as long as you don't keep harping on like some posters I could mention.
    • #28
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      53,705


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can you please stop going on about the Rockford Files. I quite clearly made the distinction that it had to be a cop show and in the accompanying post I even pointed out that Rockford was a PI not a cop in anticipation of people like you piping up. Admittedly I inadvertently included Cannon in tmy list who was a PI but I have already acknowledged that mistake and apologised for it, but it was an easy mistake to make given how young I was at the time of watching it. But at least Cannon was an ex cop whereas Jim Rockford never was. He was actually an ex con. He would never have gone anywhere near the police voluntarily in his previous life.

      So if you want to satisfy your fixation with the Rockford Files please start your own poll on 1970s American Private Detective TV series (although you could broaden the decade span to give more options). I would also suggest not to be too specific so don't include the ex con bit or anything about living in a mobile home or having a close relationship with their father as this might seriously limit your option choice. The trick is don't be too specific but make clear what is excluded as I did.
      I don't see the point of another thread which is basically:-

      Name a show from the 1970's worse than The Rockford Files.


      After all we've got this thread for that!
      Last edited by Stat Brother; 13-06-2019 at 09:38.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #29
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      2,324


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well I’ll be blowed. I really liked the film.
      So did I. I even got my mum to make me a home made Serpico style green flak jacket which I proudly wore to a few Albion games in the mid seventies. You may remember seeing me in it.

      I later got my aunt to knit me a homemade Starsky cardigan but that was less successful and remained unfinished with the pockets, although knitted, left unattached, probably due to my less than enthusiastic reaction to how the rest of the cardigan had turned out. Ironically the Starsky cardigan has since had quite a lot of use as I use it to this day as my sitting on the toilet first thing in the morning wear on chilly winter mornings, much to my wife's dismay. I have never worn it out and certainly never to any Albion matches which is in itself fortunate because the only time I wear it is when I am naked from the waist down. I hope I haven't ruined your breakfast with that image.

      To help cleanse your mind here's a pic of Serpico in his jacket which mine was based on.

      Attachment 111384
      Last edited by marlowe; 13-06-2019 at 10:00.
    • #30
      Members The Clamp's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      West is BEST
      Posts
      10,996


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by marlowe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So did I. I even got my mum to make me a home made Serpico style green flak jacket which I proudly wore to a few Albion games in the mid seventies. You may remember seeing me in it.

      I later got my aunt to knit me a homemade Starsky cardigan but that was less successful and remained unfinished with the pockets, although knitted, left unattached, probably due to my less than enthusiastic reaction to how the rest of the cardigan had turned out. Ironically the Starsky cardigan has since had quite a lot of use as I use it to this day as my sitting on the toilet first thing in the morning wear on chilly winter mornings, much to my wife's dismay. I have never worn it out and certainly never to any Albion matches which is in itself fortunate because the only time I wear it is when I am naked from the waist down. I hope I haven't ruined your breakfast with that image.

      To help cleanse your mind here's a pic of Serpico in his jacket which mine was based on.

      Attachment 111384
      Excellent. Everyone has to have "toilet wear". I, Despite my relatively young age, am a pyjama man but I'm not adverse to throwing on a loose knit on a cold morning.

      Good jacket.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •