Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rosenior offered coaching role at Boro

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He will hopefully have another season in his current role then perhaps take over the U23s at Brighton?.

Have a couple of seasons in that position then move on to bigger things, a managerial job at a lower league club perhaps, wherever he ends up they will be lucky to have him if his managerial skills are as good as his motivational prowess.

Seemingly a thoroughly decent likeable man who will I hope go on to have a successful career in football in whatever role he decides to take.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He will hopefully have another season in his current role then perhaps take over the U23s at Brighton?.

Argus already reporting that he's staying. I assume he wants a role, at the moment, that combines media duties with coaching.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great opportunity for him to learn under Potter.

No wonder he turned them down.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

Have a couple of seasons in that position then move on to bigger things, a managerial job at a lower league club perhaps, wherever he ends up they will be lucky to have him if his managerial skills are as good as his motivational prowess.

Seemingly a thoroughly decent likeable man who will I hope go on to have a successful career in football in whatever role he decides to take.

I'd agree with you, except for the fact that Simon Rusk is doing a magnificent job in the role of managing the under-23s. I think (or rather hope) that Rosenior will be offered a role with coaching the first team, sooner rather than later. It's clear that we think very highly of him, but it is still very early in his coaching career - he's only been doing it for a little under a year, hasn't he?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not just that, but I find calling thousands of people you’ve never met “thick inbred scum” pretty distasteful. One of my friends is from the area and he and his friends are a decent bunch.

How many fingers have they got though? And teeth?

Walking round the Riverside before THAT game there was no doubt at all that Boro have the ugliest fans in the entire country. If ever you wanted proof that living near chemical factories was a bad idea then a swift jog round the stadium half an hour before match fday should set you straight.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
0cc9217249f885f060af339cd1a006dc.jpg
d3ebd9bbac27afe618ac1d571040d432.jpg

Nice picture of Middlesbrough Pier, and the backstreets of Whitehawk.

Go l say. :wink:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think this could possibly go down as a non starter, however, he spent time in Hull and may still have a house up there, and possibly in some lovely countryside area between Hull and Middlesbrough. That wouldn't make it such a bad prospect for a move.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would have thought his current situation is perfect for him. He and his family appear settled, he's learning his new coaching role, meanwhile earning a tidy sum off his TV work.

Nice steady progression along side other ex-players what's not to like?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Probably quite easy for us fans to overestimate the importance of these things, but I'd be willing to bet he wasn't so keen on that particular club after their general behaviour in the wake of our promotion showdown. LR started that game and was crying on the pitch at the end and of course they were less gracious in victory than we were in defeat. On that subject, delighted to see Albert Adomah has been released by Villa, let's hope he continues to rattle around the second tier (and below) for the rest of his career.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure if this has been posted (from the Evening Anus):

Liam Rosenior is staying with Albion after being linked to Middlesbrough.

He is understood to have been in contention for a coaching role at the Riverside following the departure of Tony Pulis.

Rosenior’s odds to replace Pulis at the Teesside outfit tumbled as he emerged as a surprise second favourite behind former Boro defender Jonathan Woodgate.

The 34-year-old is highly regarded at the Amex.

Injuries prompted his retirement last summer after three years playing for the Seagulls.

He became Simon Rusk’s under-23s assistant following the completion of the UEFA pro coaching licence, a role he combines with widely acclaimed punditry for Sky Sports.

Rosenior spoke in glowing terms about Albion’s recently appointed head coach Graham Potter in his column for the Guardian newspaper in February 2018, when Potter was still in Sweden with Ostersunds.

Rosenior wrote: “It will be interesting to see how his career progresses and whether in time an English club owner will be “brave” or “crazy” enough not only to employ a man who has proved successful with his ideas in Scandinavia but to give him the time and patience needed for consistent, long-term success.”

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never quite get these “Xxx is a shithole” posts about certain clubs.

While there is no doubt that Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley and Luton (for example) are crap towns, it’s not like these well paid football folk actually live in those places, is it? Do you think Ashley Barnes lives in some Homes Under The Hammer style terraced hovel in Burnley town centre that he bought in an auction for £15,000? Of course he doesn’t. He probably lives in some stunning barn conversion in the Pennines. Likewise, no Middlesbrough player is going to be sniffing away at home in the shadow of ICI, or some derelict steelworks. They’ll all have lovely places off the North York Moors, or in that luxury enclave (formerly?) owned by Sir John Hall.

Sounds like Liam is staying anyway, but don’t fall into the trap of thinking that footballers give a toss about the state of the town they’re moving to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

While there is no doubt that Middlesbrough, Hull, Burnley and Luton (for example) are crap towns, it’s not like these well paid football folk actually live in those places, is it? Do you think Ashley Barnes lives in some Homes Under The Hammer style terraced hovel in Burnley town centre that he bought in an auction for £15,000? Of course he doesn’t. He probably lives in some stunning barn conversion in the Pennines. Likewise, no Middlesbrough player is going to be sniffing away at home in the shadow of ICI, or some derelict steelworks. They’ll all have lovely places off the North York Moors, or in that luxury enclave (formerly?) owned by Sir John Hall.

Sounds like Liam is staying anyway, but don’t fall into the trap of thinking that footballers give a toss about the state of the town they’re moving to.

I wonder if Ashley has still got his Smart car.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

Well he is certainly unfamiliar with their doors....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

dc5649e48d77b5556b6f33191eeb25b7.jpg

No 9 is just out of shot

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Edit: read that as a reply to my post.....it wasn't.

Likewise, no Middlesbrough player is going to be sniffing away at home in the shadow of ICI, or some derelict steelworks. They’ll all have lovely places off the North York Moors, or in that luxury enclave (formerly?) owned by Sir John Hall.
Harrogate's the nearest posh town of any size within commuting distance. Much closer is the nice old stone village of Yarm, which I drove through once on my way to Hartlepool. It's got a public school right in the middle of it, but I don't know if any of the Middlesbrough players send their kids there. However, defender Ben Gibson actually went there; he must come from a monied family as his uncle is Middlesbrough's chairman.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Exactly. Yarm is another place popular with footballers in that region.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here