Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by METALMICKY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not a a geographical thing as Lady seagull has explained. Northampton is where the county Court bulk centre is.

I used to administer civil fines for people incorrectly claiming free NHS dental treatment and it used to drive me mad when the initial defence was " I've never been to a dentist in Northampton " FFS!
    But this was actually allegedly speeding on a road in Northamptonshire, next to Northampton.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      Are One Parking Solutions in the business of taking court action regularly?

I've got 2 tickets (1yr & 2yr) outstanding after the threatening letters stopped. Are they likely to come knocking?
      Yes. They use BW Legal and are currently scraping the barrel of their back catalogue of scam PCNs.

Let me know if they try and as always I'm happy to write a defence/responses and turn up with people to Brighton court. Judges are not great there historically re parking scams, according to forums, but I'm determined to make the scales fall from their eyes with solid evidence and the applicable rules of law they probably don't see every day.

There's no risk of huge fees (if you lost you'd pay less than the claim as long as the Judge gets why they can't have all their fake add-ons) and no CCJ risk as long as people know to update the scammer PPC with their new address, if they move house.

Never assume they've gone away, don't bin the letters, and never forget to update a change of address within the 6 years any civil claim can be started. Parking firms are notorious for deliberately not checking an old address is current, getting secret CCJs then sitting back & waiting for the person to find out when applying for a mortgage or whatever, then cashing in at 3 x the PCN or more when the victim rushes to pay it off (wrongly, because a satisfied CCJ helps no-one really!).

Organisations have 40 days days to reply to a sar, which is not so helpful when you have a deadline, if you want some specific information it's always a good idea to submit a part 18 request to the claimant giving them a 14 day deadline to reply.
      The SAR deadline changed to 30 days last year with the GDPR (and a SAR is also free whereas firms used to be allowed to charge a tenner).

Part 18s don't apply to the small claims track once allocated, so although an application can be made pre-allocation to track, a SAR nowadays is the best bet IMHO. Even if the data and photos don't arrive prior to the defence deadline, it will be easily in time for Witness Statement stage and it's good to see the hand of the scumbags.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by METALMICKY View Post
      This is not a a geographical thing as Lady seagull has explained. Northampton is where the county Court bulk centre is.

I used to administer civil fines for people incorrectly claiming free NHS dental treatment and it used to drive me mad when the initial defence was " I've never been to a dentist in Northampton " FFS!
      Interesting. But my mate and I know we were done in Northampton because we were in Northampton when we were done. And I am 99% certain the location of the offences was shown on the letter.

Edit Just saw @Sorrell's post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Hi @LadySeagull i have just sent you a private message ( not sure if they are getting to you ? ) as still not received any info from one parking solution regarding my Subject Access Request , many thanks in advance
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      OK, I will catch up with pm's about parking stuff this weekend!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      thanks @LadySeagull i now have the info from them i requested

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      Someone’s knocking at the door
      Somebody's ringing the bell...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Hi @LadySeagull im not sure if my pm,s are getting to you ? can you confirm please ? i appreciate you may be a very busy person and hope i am not getting on your nerves and are still interested in helping as time is running out for me this end and now have the info One Parking Solution have on me , again many thanks in advance and willing to pay for any services

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Murray 17 View Post
      Somebody's ringing the bell...
      Do me a favour and open the door and let em in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro