Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Storm’s coming....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just got woken up by a loud clap of thunder although looking at the Lightning map, it seems to be stretched out between Eastbourne & Dungeness.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone commuting?
BREAKING: Flooding at #HaywardsHeath is preventing any trains from travelling between #BurgessHill and #ThreeBridges

Replacement buses have been ordered but passengers are being advised not to travel until after 9am

More details here:
https://www.southernrailway.com/tra...686220000#INCE16AAD09022B40F6A2DED21385FCBFE8

Just got back home from Brighton station. Nothing going up at all at the moment, and replacement buses ordered but not expected until 7:30

Bit of a bonus WFH really with Eng v The Cheats today :thumbsup:

A mate of mine was on the 5:19 which went to Preston Park where the driver "changed ends" and it went down to Littlehampton and up via Three Bridges :eek:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Woken in the night to hear what sounded like God pissing on my window.

This morning...contact from school to say my daughters classroom is flooded. Now need to amuse 7 year old chatterbox with a preternatural interest in shoes and LOL dolls.

Nice and steamy round here today too. Still. Glad I didn’t bother washing the car on Sunday.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was up on a night shift and I would estimate it rained solidly for at least two hours. And proper rain as well. Not surprised there is flooding. Only the very faintest rolling thunder in the distance but yes, that was some rainfall.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
You will move to an upside down country.

I know.

I still find it very strange that June, July and August are winter and Christmas is hot and sunny!!

Steve_PPP

Oct 24, 2017
Burgess Hill
Damp squib this one, calling it. Might get a few rumbles but nothing more.

My back garden (and flooded garage) disagree.

2019-06-25 19_13_10-Window.jpg

All gone now though, but bailing out the garage meant I didn't make it to work until 11am.....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
My back garden (and flooded garage) disagree.

View attachment 111994

All gone now though, but bailing out the garage meant I didn't make it to work until 11am.....

Was thinking more in terms of the storm element than the rain, that was a given

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yesterday on Isle of Wight I witnessed a sea fret first one I’ve seen for 30 odd years

5EFDA3D9-F1AA-474B-A24D-FA676A80F171.jpeg

Picture doesn’t do it justice. I was in Ventnor and driving down into it was weird above cloud as such, then blue sky and normal clouds above that

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yesterday on Isle of Wight I witnessed a sea fret first one I’ve seen for 30 odd years

View attachment 112000

Picture doesn’t do it justice. I was in Ventnor and driving down into it was weird above cloud as such, then blue sky and normal clouds above that

Bloody hell Isle of Wight's fallen over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here