Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What rumour about a player coming to the Albion has excited you the most?

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Murray return, Vicente, CMS, Bridge of course.

But the one that really got me was near the start of my Brighton supporting career when it was someone I'd actually heard of.....Jason Dodd. That went well.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For some reason I thought Dean Blackwell was going to be a world beater, Simon Rodger turned out to be pretty good though...

So many memories... Paul Rogers I thought would be woeful and turned out to be a class act... Mark Morris in the dark times, too was a genuine highlight, as was Jon Humphrey who made me laugh with his constant backing off of wingers until he was virtually in the stand behind the goal...

Lots of Palace and Sheff Utd links in that, not sure why :/

Desperate, but (strangely) great days.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Junior Lewis.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
At the beginning of last season a good source told me Petr Cech was coming to The Albion, fortunately I kept this to myself.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I’d seen Leon Knight play before he signed for us. I thought he was mustard.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Using the title strictly "rumours ........coming to the Albion", then it has to be Stanley Matthews whilst still playing at a high level. In the early 60's several players qualified for testimonials, and these were normally Albion v George Gunn's XI. This latter team was a collection of other reasonably well-known footballers and the odd entertainer from the Showbiz team. Several famous names were always promised to play, and some did indeed turn up. Bear in mind we were then dropping down through the divisions, so it was a big deal to see famous names in the flesh who we were only occasionally able to see on TV. Stanley Matthews always seemed to be advertised yet never appeared. I wonder whether he even knew that his name was being used to promote the game.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He was Team Poyet wasn’t he?

Maybe or maybe reading offered more cash.
Surely he regrets not staying with us (as he lies next to frankie saturdays in his massive mansion )

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Johnny Byrne coming back for the second time was exciting

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Vicente

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here