Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What rumour about a player coming to the Albion has excited you the most?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The next striker - as yet unannounced.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The permanent signing of Zamora in February 2000 after his successful 6 goals in 6 games loan spell.

Good call. Remember finding out about it in the Argus.

Jason Peake.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Going back, the signings that most excited me (the likes of Bobby Smith, Ken Beamish, Fred Binney or Mike Robinson) weren't the subject of rumours - ay least, not for a lad living many miles from Sussex (and of course, with no internet in those days).
And nowadays, TBH, I've never heard of most of the rumours before they pop up on NSC, so perhaps it's understandable why I don't get too excited!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I confess to being quite excited when we signed Mickey Thomas as he was being chased by a few clubs at the same time. That went well

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Rumour has it, allegedly, that the Albion paid Tottenham £5,000 for Bobby Smith, but, also had to clear his gambling debts of around £30,000. How true is that . . . . ? :shrug:

We will never know, although a prominent Brighton fan, a bookmaker called George Gunn was heavily involved in the signing.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The permanent signing of Zamora in February 2000 after his successful 6 goals in 6 games loan spell.

A few of us on here who played weekly 5 a side football at Portslade Community College might just have heard about it the night before by someone in the know...

:wink:

But he signed in August?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whether it happened or not.

For me CMS (yeah I know :rolleyes:), Kanchelskis and the flight tracking of Ali J.

Oh and Edna at Gatwick when Lua Lua signed. Sadly I was on holiday for the Vicente signing so missed out on that one.

CMS I remember it well. Was annoyed that Gus and Muzza couldn't patch up their differences but this was soon forgotten with the news that CMS was coming. Nice bloke but it just didn't work out did it?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Richard Tiltman... Barry Lloyd saying he was better than Dean Saunders... he wasn't...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Minton and McDougald... I was mega excited by their arrival. Prior to that: Kurt Nogan... I was gutted when we sold him :(

Zamora too, Vicente certainly.

Wayne Bridge, genuinely delighted when he rocked up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here