Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What rumour about a player coming to the Albion has excited you the most?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For me very much the return of Bobby Zee, (a rumour that actually became true). At the tail end of his career of course, so not the player he once was, but Albion throufgh and through, and still came up with a few goals, and assists too.

Such a shame that we couln't quite get over tyhe line and clinch automatic promotion. If he had remained fit for those last few games, who knows we may just have made it.

Yoda

English & European
Vicente, for someone who turned out to be an actual signing.

David Villa for the rumour when that photo appeared of him and Bruno over NY in a helicopter post season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I saw SAVAGE on the back of a shirt one late Friday afternoon at Withdean, which was before his loan was common knowledge, the knowledge rather than the player excited me.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The permanent signing of Zamora in February 2000 after his successful 6 goals in 6 games loan spell.

A few of us on here who played weekly 5 a side football at Portslade Community College might just have heard about it the night before by someone in the know...

:wink:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
I remember junior NSC being uninspired when we signed a lad from Burton Albion. Scored in his first game but he was no Fred Binney.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Jahanbaksh.

The hundreds of pages on here, following the flight from wherever it was. His highlight reel was very good, he had, had a great season in Holland, we had chased him for about 3 years, and, Leicester came in with a late bid.
At the time, I don’t think I’ve ever followed the ups and downs of a transfer more avidly.

Shame it turned out to be a little bit ‘After the Lord Mayors show’.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Jahanbaksh.

The hundreds of pages on here, following the flight from wherever it was. His highlight reel was very good, he had, had a great season in Holland, we had chased him for about 3 years, and, Leicester came in with a late bid.
At the time, I don’t think I’ve ever followed the ups and downs of a transfer more avidly.

Was about to post something similar, what a great waste or work time that was.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Tony Meola. Judge me all you like.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The last minute re SINGING of Dean Hammond :facepalm:

Remember that well. Stephen Dobbie signed on the same day. You can have too much excitement

el punal

Before my time sadly, were there rumours before he came then?

I imagine most would have dismissed them whilst laughing like a drain

Rumour has it, allegedly, that the Albion paid Tottenham £5,000 for Bobby Smith, but, also had to clear his gambling debts of around £30,000. How true is that . . . . ? :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Lee Steele

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here