Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ROI under 21s v Brazil. Semi final

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Both Albion lads in the starting line-up (Molumby is captain).

Game kicked off ten minutes late at 4.40pm. Currently 0-0, Brazil already had, and missed, a penalty.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worth noting it is Ireland U21s vs Brazil U22s. A small advantage, perhaps. Plus, they are Brazil.

But I thought both were good enough for first team PL football :dunce:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Brazil 2-0 and a complete mismatch.

Leahy (LB) looks OK for Ireland to me.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I watched the second half. The commentator said at the end that Molumby was excellent. Commentator was also very complimentary about Connolly who had a cracking shot saved in the second half. Must admit, I thought both have better players alongside with our Development squad, but this was clearly a game too far. The Brazilians are favourites having scored 15 and conceded 0, so no disgrace in losing. Plus judging by the facial hair, a bit of receding hairlines and some serious tattoos, it was men against boys.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Watched it too. ROI played some nice football when they had the ball but when they lost it Brazil were frighteningly quick and too good for them. Molumby was tidy and Connolly definitely has something about him; very direct and willing to shoot. Not sure why Stephen Kenny didn't push Connolly right up top and central with 20 minutes to go.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I think the fact Brazil has 50 x the population of ROI may be more relevant if we’re comparing the pool that they have to choose from?

No. The laws state that despite the size of the population you're only allowed to have eleven of them on the pitch at any one time. Sure the Vatican might struggle to raise teams across all the age groups, but after a certain level population size becomes irrelevant, indeed it could almost be a hindrance. Uruguay only has a population of three million (ROI's is 4.7) and they can give anyone a game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here