Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2019/20 loans to Championship ? - Connolly, Walton, White, Sanders ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There's some interesting new detail about Albion's approach to loans next season being reported by the Argus this morning.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...or-prospects-to-sharpen-game-in-championship/
Presumably the source is David Weir . He gave an interview to the club website yesterday as well
Weir says that , for the loanees - he's their main point of contact at the club..
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/june/weir-its-been-a-learning-experience/

In short: they are
- Looking for loans to the Championship
- Only if game time can be guaranteed.
- Players such as Connolly, Walton, White, Sanders, Cox were mentioned in the Argus piece.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There's some interesting new detail about Albion's approach to loans next season being reported by the Argus this morning.
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/sp...or-prospects-to-sharpen-game-in-championship/
Presumably the source is David Weir . He gave an interview to the club website yesterday as well
Weir says that , for the loanees - he's their main point of contact at the club..
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/june/weir-its-been-a-learning-experience/

- Players such as Connolly, Walton, White, Sanders, Cox were mentioned in the Argus piece.

But i thought all these players would be in the first team with us next season :whistle:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Interesting.

That would imply Baluta and Mlakar could well be augmenting the 25 man squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's two or three that I'd like to get a run out in the pre-season friendlies and early league cup games. Walton's a bit of a concern for me - he's more than proved himself in the Championship, but I can't see him getting a place at Brighton as long as Ryan's around.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

From that we may assume that Gykores will be considered as a first team squad player, especially as he has played in a senior international with Sweden and scored He has also scored for Sweden under 21's in both games last week. I would like for him to at least be given a chance to break into the senior squad, which I think he will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All will be on hold until GP has had a look at all of them and we have actually signed some players I imagine. Players will probably go out on loan just before the window closes?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So the first inductees into Lancing are now deemed ready for Championship football.

Could it the plan is working.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd like to see Connolly given a chance this season and chucked in at the deep end. I think he could well be the one to swim this season.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Putting the ****ing ball in the net is our problem. We appear to have a couple of 'kids' who can do just that in PL2. Harry P, if his previous behaviour/tactics are borne out, must be willing/insisting to look at our best young players before disregarding their readiness for first team duty.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
From that we may assume that Gykores will be considered as a first team squad player, especially as he has played in a senior international with Sweden and scored He has also scored for Sweden under 21's in both games last week. I would like for him to at least be given a chance to break into the senior squad, which I think he will.

I don't think that article is a definitive list of who's staying, who's going but clearly the level at which we aspire our loan players to play this year is a step up from the non league / L2 ranks of before. Gyokeres trained a lot with the senior squad last season, appeared in several cup games and appeared on the bench several times. He's already had a chance to break into the squad.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Putting the ****ing ball in the net is our problem. We appear to have a couple of 'kids' who can do just that in PL2. Harry P, if his previous behaviour/tactics are borne out, must be willing/insisting to look at our best young players before disregarding their readiness for first team duty.

Aaron Connolly has so far played a few minutes of league football, for Luton in L1.
He's a promising player. but the idea though that Potter or indeed Bloom imagines that he is going to rely on u23s in our squad - as he was forced to do out of necessity , rather than choice at Swansea is remote to say the least (our best u23s will be getting more experience on loan) but seems to have become the norm on here.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There seems to be some real talent in the current crop of U-23s. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they develop next season. Hopefully this time next year we'll be talking about them as being genuine first team squad options.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would add Sanchez to that list also. He should be looking to get game time at a decent standard next season.

A loan move for Sanchez yes quite possibly, certainly not in the Championship yet a while though, he didn't exactly set the world alight whilst at Forest Green Rovers in League Two for part of last season.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Both Connolly and Molumby played for Ireland U21s in the Toulon Tournament last week and both were impressive. In the semi-final against Brazil's u22s - Connolly tied full-back Emerson up in knots - Barcelona have just bought Emerson for €12.7million.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Both Connolly and Molumby played for Ireland U21s in the Toulon Tournament last week and both were impressive. In the semi-final against Brazil's u22s - Connolly tied full-back Emerson up in knots - Barcelona have just bought Emerson for €12.7million.

Connolly is shit hot, I seriously want to see him in the squad for the league cup this season then maybe loan him out to a championship side,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here