Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Category A* games introduced for 2019/20

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Liverpool and ManU have been designated category A* for next season, with the other four of the big 6 (including the PL Champions for the last two seasons) remaining Cat A.

I can only assume it’s to allow for higher match day ticket prices (have they already been announced for next season?) either this season or in future seasons, although I spotted it in the context of the four-match hospitality option, where you can choose 1*Cat A or Cat A* game (for the same price).

The club are clearly gearing up for something, but it’s not clear to me what atm.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...y-hospitality/?dm_i=2D77,1F97M,3IPKDH,4QBDE,1

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Champagne on arrival”

This is an upgrade. Last season it was Prosecco. Season before it was Ridgeview English Sparkling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ridgeview would be an upgrade on champagne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The club seemed to cut back a lot last year, although there was a noticeable uplift in price. The Prosecco on arrival was far cheaper than the Ridgeview from the previous season. The complimentary drinks one could choose from were noticeably far more limited than the previous season as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The club seemed to cut back a lot last year, although there was a noticeable uplift in price. The Prosecco on arrival was far cheaper than the Ridgeview from the previous season. The complimentary drinks one could choose from were noticeably far more limited than the previous season as well.

The game's gone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of the few not to sell out last season. Not helped by being played on a Tuesday night.

Getting back to the original post; hospitality demand for the Liverpool game far outstripped all other games last season and broke all/most records apparently. I presume it will be priced according via the new A* status.

el punal

One of the few not to sell out last season. Not helped by being played on a Tuesday night.

Segregation innit. That mob were only allocated 2000 tickets, and same for reverse fixture, on police advice. Hence the lower number. Tuesday night or not this is a Palace fixture, it is still a must-go-to game.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
"Commercial Match Categories 2019/20"

Thanks. I’d missed that rather obvious word.

It’s still (slightly) interesting though, in that even for Match, Ball, and Kit sponsorship the price for Cat A and A* games are the same. I don’t understand why you’d introduce a different category, determine and publish which opponents are in that new category, and then charge the same as for the pre-existing category.

Perhaps it’s just teeing up the chance to charge more in 20/21...

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...y-sponsorship/?dm_i=2D77,1F97M,3IPKDH,4QBDE,1

el punal

Palace @ category C..... surely not !

Apparently so. I have it on good authority that the club are introducing a dress code for this fixture - black hoodies must be worn at all times. On the menu the dessert will be Bombe Surprise, and indoor sparklers will be distributed to provide a pyrotechnic atmosphere to compliment the occasion.

In the South Stand the visiting fans will be able to enjoy a one-off special - Piglets Deluxe Humble Pie, full of gristle, hard to swallow, and with a lingering bitter aftertaste.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Getting back to the original post; hospitality demand for the Liverpool game far outstripped all other games last season and broke all/most records apparently. I presume it will be priced according via the new A* status.

Thanks. I’d missed that rather obvious word.

It’s still (slightly) interesting though, in that even for Match, Ball, and Kit sponsorship the price for Cat A and A* games are the same. I don’t understand why you’d introduce a different category, determine and publish which opponents are in that new category, and then charge the same as for the pre-existing category.

Perhaps it’s just teeing up the chance to charge more in 20/21...

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...y-sponsorship/?dm_i=2D77,1F97M,3IPKDH,4QBDE,1

I hadn’t spotted A* is the same as A. Doh.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'd like to think that someone, somewhere, has been asking: When are the commercial match categories out?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here