[News] Say's it all

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
1b4f8bc1c0d0ff0b0a9c3af8bc071f6e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Another shower that can't keep their word! Said they would absorb the cost for the over 75s if they were allowed to put up the TV Licence fee, which they did, also said they would make a small profit on the increase. It's about time the BBC went the same way as the other stations, pay to view, see who watches EastEnders then...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
To have seen active duty in World War II you'd have to have been born in 1927 or earlier, meaning a vet now would be 92 at least. Not accounting for those who lied about their age to sign up (and they'd still be in their very late 80s) the actual number of vets who would be affected by this is probably less than 1% of the UK population. That doesn't make the decision to remove the free TV licence any less reprehensible but that meme is hyperbole at best.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Another shower that can't keep their word! Said they would absorb the cost for the over 75s if they were allowed to put up the TV Licence fee, which they did, also said they would make a small profit on the increase. It's about time the BBC went the same way as the other stations, pay to view, see who watches EastEnders then...
A lot of idiots

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Populist rubbish. There are 5.4 million people over 75 in the UK. Of them, about 500,000 are over 90, the age range you would have to be to have fought in WW2. Approx 68% of those over 75 are expected to be charged for the TV license, so approx. 350,000 of those who will be charged are old enough to have been involved in 'saving the free world', or to put it another way, less than 7% of the total over 75 year old population.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Stupid memes like this make the BBC more necessary than ever.

Very very true. How come everything (even complex discussions with no easy answers) comes down to some dumbass meme. Are we are so f***ing thick that we can't have an adult debate about anything any more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Populist rubbish. There are 5.4 million people over 75 in the UK. Of them, about 500,000 are over 90, the age range you would have to be to have fought in WW2. Approx 68% of those over 75 are expected to be charged for the TV license, so approx. 350,000 of those who will be charged are old enough to have been involved in 'saving the free world', or to put it another way, less than 7% of the total over 75 year old population.

Many of them are living in care & don’t pay anyway.

I do agree the Tories have reneged on their promises but what else is new?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't agree.

It is right that elderly folk should not have the burden of paying for things that taxes can provide them comfort with.

However, there are large numbers of elderly folk for whom the TV license fee is absolutely no burden.

To say this is a travesty of justice, and suggest it is a dereliction of duty to heroic service, is righteous indignation intended to hold a faux moral high ground.

The elderly in this country are let down in many ways. This is not one of them.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
You lost me at the apostrophe. Not so much an elephant in the room as a whole frickin' herd, plus a couple of large adult wildebeests thrown in!

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Great fun isn't it (apostrophe in the right place)
I just think it's wrong. Ever heard of the Blitz, imagine being a child living through that. I can still remember rationing etc which went on for quite a time after the war. Going to Holland in August to visit my partners grandfathers grave. Personal invitation to all the family's of the soldiers who gave their lives on the 75th anniversary so they were liberated
My partners grandfather gave his live the day before my partners mother was born
So take the piss all you want and be happy you were lucky enough not to live then.
Anyway who watches BBC
apart from that generation

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Great fun isn't it (apostrophe in the right place)
I just think it's wrong. Ever heard of the Blitz, imagine being a child living through that. I can still remember rationing etc which went on for quite a time after the war. Going to Holland in August to visit my partners grandfathers grave. Personal invitation to all the family's of the soldiers who gave their lives on the 75th anniversary so they were liberated
My partners grandfather gave his live the day before my partners mother was born
So take the piss all you want and be happy you were lucky enough not to live then.
Anyway who watches BBC
apart from that generation

My mother was a child during the war. She is 90 on Thursday. She lives in a care home so wouldn’t have a tv licence anyway. Neither do any who live in sheltered housing as one licence covers it. Anyone on pension credit will also be exempt.

Jul 7, 2003
All forgetting that the government made the promise but didn’t give the BBC the money to cover the cost and are now letting the BBC take the flack for another of their failed promises

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here