Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Poll: Favourite 1960s Gerry Anderson Puppet Series

What's your favourite 1960s Gerry Anderson puppet series?

• Total voters

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
What no Terrahawks option?
However, it has to be Captain Scarlet, with his Carry Grant imitation voice. There was a ruthless episode when the Mysterons were exterminating whole US Arctic military bases one by one - mind blowing stuff. Meanwhile no one in Thunderbirds got more than a bandage for 5 minutes.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What no Terrahawks option?
However, it has to be Captain Scarlet, with his Carry Grant imitation voice. There was a ruthless episode when the Mysterons were exterminating whole US Arctic military bases one by one - mind blowing stuff. Meanwhile no one in Thunderbirds got more than a bandage for 5 minutes.

Have you ever tried being tied to a suspension bridge in searing hot sunshine with a bomb underneath you.
Never saw Scarlet doing that did you.
Alan is a bloody hero in my book.
Tin tin was frantic.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is an OUTRAGE.

How can you have a poll like this without The Secret Service? ? ?

I must apologise for that oversight.
Incidentally I've just discovered that the voice of Father Unwin was provided by the real Stanley Unwin.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Thunderbirds for me but none of them as good as U.F.O. or Space 1999.
Trivia: The Tracy brothers were named after Mercury Seven astronauts: Scott Carpenter, John Glenn, Virgil "Gus" Grissom, Gordon Cooper and Alan Shepard.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thunderbirds is, comfortably, the Champion of this list. A brilliant TV show from start to finish with only a couple of missed steps (Ricochet episode...). Obviously, the female characters couldn't be written today as they are in the show - it's a very clear example of the shift in attitudes.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Thunderbirds is, comfortably, the Champion of this list. A brilliant TV show from start to finish with only a couple of missed steps (Ricochet episode...). Obviously, the female characters couldn't be written today as they are in the show - it's a very clear example of the shift in attitudes.

The Hood looked my ex father in law.

Kirano!!!!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was TB mad in '66

Got a photo of me somewhere dressed in a full TB outfit on my 6th birthday.

I so, so wanted to be Scott, a rocket pilot who ALWAYS got there FIRST - top geezer!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90.... how do you decide enjoyed all of them as a youngster and then got to relive Thunderbirds with my son back in the 90s

I really need 4 votes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here