Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex CCC v Gloucestershire CCC, CC, Arundel Castle, 11-14 June***

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good solid start this.

I watched my daughter score 4 in 11 overs in a 20/20 match at the weekend - Sussex are racing along compared to that

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Payne 7 over for 7, Sayers 6 overs for 6, Higgins 5 overs for 5.

Taylor,having conceded a shocking 14 from 4.4 overs is mucking up the lovely symmetry of the card.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Wells looked a very good bowler both times iv'e actually seen him bowl , yet he is often the guy they throw the ball to when all else fails , i would like to see him bowl more often and definitely before the game has drifted , plenty of time to practice now .

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe you're all moaning. We could have been 50 all out in the first hour!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
WAT Beer doesn't fancy running much, does he!?

44 of his 47 runs have come in boundaries!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Excellent stuff from our boys today so far.

Foundations laid. Need to build a nice substantial structure on top.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I must say Will Beer has surprised me. All those years at Sussex and it turns out he's an opener!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I must say Will Beer has surprised me. All those years at Sussex and it turns out he's an opener!

Sussex have done this before: Chris Nash started out as a spinner batting down the order and Paul Phillipson was a medium-paced trundler before being reborn as a middle-order batsman,

Even more famously, Pietersen was an off-spinner who could bat a bit and Steve Smith was a leggie who couldn't bowl but could also bat a bit.

None of them took as long as Beer did to be converted though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here