Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

What could the BBC do to cut costs or bring in more money

0 Not allowed!
    Without affecting the viewing pleasure.
    What would you like to see go.
    Should they advertise or go for product placement.
    I also think that for the 80k plus earners with multiple very expensive TV's should pay double the fee.
    What do you think?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Your mum.

Oh, sorry, without affecting the viewing pleasure...?

0 Not allowed!
      Have a £10 a year subscription for BBC iplayer users?

24 Not allowed!
      The bbc shouldn't really do anything. This is shifting the blame for what is essentially a tax tory increase. Here's what should happen,Tory leadership candidates instead of promising massive tax cuts for the wealthy should promise to pay for the free license fees for the over 75's. The whole things stinks as a tory scheme to undermine support for the bbc.
      I trust no one, not even myself

1 Not allowed!
      Scrap Dr Who.

8 Not allowed!
      As an ex- pat I would happily pay a Netflix sized monthly subscription to access the BBCs rich content but there is no option. A missed opportunity in my opinion.

They need to build their relationship with the big players such as Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney and Apple when they enter the market.
      Standing in the park, I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets...then it hit me
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      subscription overseas is the obvious answer, but the Beeb seem reluctant even obstructive to this, presumably fearing they become seen as a commercial operation. i read a industry analyst view they could make more than the entire TV licensing revenue this way, so could abolish it altogether.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Voroshilov View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The bbc shouldn't really do anything. This is shifting the blame for what is essentially a tax tory increase. Here's what should happen,Tory leadership candidates instead of promising massive tax cuts for the wealthy should promise to pay for the free license fees for the over 75's. The whole things stinks as a tory scheme to undermine support for the bbc.
      The tories the tories the tories. Oh and the tories
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

4 Not allowed!
      4 posts before it became political.....surprised it took even that many
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I also think that for the 80k plus earners with multiple very expensive TV's should pay double the fee.
      Why?

What about people who earn less than £30K and have multiple very expensive TVs? Should they pay more?
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."