Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Former pitch and putt courses.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
East Hill Hastings. Greens (not a lot of grass) were quicker than Augusta National. You could miss the hole by a fraction and end up 100ft away at the bottom of the hill. Used to love it though, great way to pass a couple of hours with mates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does Brooklands Par 3 count? Really pissed off they are not re opening this after saying it was only closed because of cabling for the Rampion wind farm :down:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Does Brooklands Par 3 count? Really pissed off they are not re opening this after saying it was only closed because of cabling for the Rampion wind farm :down:

The Brooklands pitch and put has gone, but I did hear rumours that the par 3 will reopen.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The Brooklands pitch and put has gone, but I did hear rumours that the par 3 will reopen.

Before the par 3, there were 2 decent pitch & putts.

Regarding the par 3, I think that's now gone forever, (hope I'm wrong though) along with the train.

From the council website....

The Par 3 Golf course and Pitch and Putt facility remains closed. The Masterplan proposal shows the Par 3 potentially being used as alternative leisure and play facilities as part of the broad vision for the site, themed on science and adventure.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. Lying ********. And worse than losing the pitch and putt courses - I found out at the weekend that the train's gone! That's been there for over 50 years!

Worthing is really shit for young families now. When I was a boy, and when my children were growing up there used to be Peter Pan's playground and the big paddling pool in Worthing (both now lost to the new swimming pool). Plus there were putting greens, and then the train, boats, paddling pools, pitch 'n' putt and play equipment at Brooklands. All now gone. All that's left are the go-carts, but I wonder how long they'll last?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Driven past the Rottingdean one several times recently and wondered if it was viable to re-open. Didn't realise Beachurst had gone.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The one at Princes Park in Eastbourne has been closed for a while now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Many many many (say 50) years ago, there used to be a pitch and putt course at Field Place in Durrington. I doubt if it's still there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hove seafront. The greens are shite, but the bunkers, if you can avoid the dog shit, are actually pretty decent....

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Driven past the Rottingdean one several times recently and wondered if it was viable to re-open. Didn't realise Beachurst had gone.

Rottingdean has been incorporated in to Beacon Hill Nature Reserve. It is on the Council's grazing list and it will be interesting to see what wild flowers emerge in the next few years. I doubt if it will ever be used for anything else, other than being a nature area, ever.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Indeed. Lying ********. And worse than losing the pitch and putt courses - I found out at the weekend that the train's gone! That's been there for over 50 years!

Worthing is really shit for young families now. When I was a boy, and when my children were growing up there used to be Peter Pan's playground and the big paddling pool in Worthing (both now lost to the new swimming pool). Plus there were putting greens, and then the train, boats, paddling pools, pitch 'n' putt and play equipment at Brooklands. All now gone. All that's left are the go-carts, but I wonder how long they'll last?

Go carts are going, if not already gone.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

They had a lot of problems with seaweed on the line

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here