Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sgt Harry Tangye (and others) v Jeremy Clarkson

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jeremy Clarkson complains at road closure after fatal crash - and gets educated by the police

https://road.cc/content/news/261958...d-closure-after-fatal-crash-and-gets-educated

TBH Mr Clarkson is guilty of considerably worse shitehousary than this.
I know I've made similar comments in the past, granted usually to myself, but I'd be amazed if I was the only one who has.

This blog by Sgt Tangye certainly goes someway to take the selfish out of such incidents and really ought to be read.

https://dcarvsgt.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/a-diversion-from-my-day-to-day-life/

As another has said, this sort of thing ought to be part of the driving test.

Oh and I have no idea why this is being reported on a renowned cycling website, other than the fact they have a 'pull his pigtails and run away' relationship with Clarkson.

Which is a shame.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Jeremy Clarkson complains at road closure after fatal crash - and gets educated by the police

https://road.cc/content/news/261958...d-closure-after-fatal-crash-and-gets-educated

TBH Mr Clarkson is guilty of considerably worse shitehousary than this.
I know I've made similar comments in the past, granted usually to myself, but I'd be amazed if I was the only one who has.

This blog by Sgt Tangye certainly goes someway to take the selfish out of such incidents and really ought to be read.

https://dcarvsgt.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/a-diversion-from-my-day-to-day-life/

As another has said, this sort of thing ought to be part of the driving test.

Oh and I have no idea why this is being reported on a renowned cycling website, other than the fact they have a 'pull his pigtails and run away' relationship with Clarkson.

Which is a shame.

Thanks for posting, great read.
Shouldnt Clarkson be renamed Hunt or something similar?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm on Clarkson's side with this. The police seem to take great joy in keeping roads closed for hours and hours after an accident while they "investigate" An hour to take some photos and do a bit of measuring I can accept. Any more than that is just them being ornery and causing the rest of us as much inconvenience as possible. Doesn't happen in other countries.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I just read the blog by Sgt Tangye about the fatal RTC.

I don't disagree with the purpose behind it, but if this indeed an account of an actual incident I am surprised he published such graphic details about the catastrophic injuries sustained by the fatally injured casualty in an unofficial blog. Seems a bit unprofessional to me and his point was hard-hitting enough without these details.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'm on Clarkson's side with this. The police seem to take great joy in keeping roads closed for hours and hours after an accident while they "investigate" An hour to take some photos and do a bit of measuring I can accept. Any more than that is just them being ornery and causing the rest of us as much inconvenience as possible. Doesn't happen in other countries.

Clearly not read the sgts blog in the OP.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I don't disagree with the purpose behind it, but if this indeed an account of an actual incident I am surprised he published such graphic details about the catastrophic injuries sustained by the fatally injured casualty in an unofficial blog. Seems a bit unprofessional to me and his point was hard-hitting enough without these details.

Hmmm. Just as I suspected, Sgt Harry Tangye does indeed appear to suffer from lack of judgement when using social media in a professional capacity. I just googled him, out of curiosity, and found this among the first returns [from the Irish Mirror]:

A copper who uploaded footage inside a police car at 140mph on the way to a crime scene has admitted he regrets 'glamorising speed'.

Sergeant Harry Tangye sparked outcry after posting a video on social media from inside the vehicle as it sped to the scene of a crime.

The police officer posted the video with the caption: "This is what 140mph looks like. On route to a break in progress."

The footage was captured by a passenger in the front seat of the car during a blue-light call to a suspected theft at a scrap yard.

He later wrote: "Local units found 2 young lads in scrap yard...was the owners son and friend! No offences."

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

You
really
have
no
idea...

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida

Actually it does. This morning there was a major pile up on an Interstate (Motorway) here in Atlanta that happened at 3am. The whole motorway was shut for 5 hours to clear up the wreckage and then investigate the cause. Monday morning commute was a nightmare.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And this morning we have the M25 closed in both directions between Jcts 4 and 5 due to a police "incident". No details. They're taking the piss out of drivers again.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And this morning we have the M25 closed in both directions between Jcts 4 and 5 due to a police "incident". No details. They're taking the piss out of drivers again.

No details ???

The M25 was closed because 2 large sink holes appeared in the carriageway overnight. It was the first thing I heard it on the travel news on the car radio this morning.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I know it was a nasty crash in Hammersmith last night but how can it take this long to re-open the road?

Strikes me as a perfectly reasonable question to which Clarkson has received a perfectly reasonable answer.

Why the furore? :shrug:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Strikes me as a perfectly reasonable question to which Clarkson has received a perfectly reasonable answer.

Well you might think Clarkson as a motoring journalist would have a good idea of what goes on at an accident.

Stumpy Tim

You read the blog, and that's your first thoughts? Wow. Let's face it, it's the same as hundreds of accidents that occur each year so there's no danger of knowing who the deceased are. It's very hard-hitting, and probably something everyone should read.

Agree with this.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Ultimately Clarkson has made a rod for his own back with his previous trolling and now he's a target for the usual suspects who think hating the Daily Mail, Tories and Gammons is a competition. Anything he says will be jumped upon.

He is of course wrong again but as [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] says most people have probably uttered the same comment to themselves at one time or another when inconvenienced by a closure. The responses from the police are very good and if it educates a few hundred or a few thousand people then it's got to be worth someone of his stature playing devils advocate whether he meant to or not!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No details ???

The M25 was closed because 2 large sink holes appeared in the carriageway overnight. It was the first thing I heard it on the travel news on the car radio this morning.

That bit was between 3 &4, but when that section reopened 4 to 5 was closed both ways due a "police incident". Probably sitting around having their breakfast.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
That bit was between 3 &4, but when that section reopened 4 to 5 was closed both ways due a "police incident". Probably sitting around having their breakfast.

probberly a VEGAN breakfast because thats they are only allowed to eat these days by the left wing people in charge of them. They'll be making it compulsory next.

BRING BACK THE BIRCH

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
He is of course wrong again but as [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] says most people have probably uttered the same comment to themselves at one time or another when inconvenienced by a closure. The responses from the police are very good and if it educates a few hundred or a few thousand people then it's got to be worth someone of his stature playing devils advocate whether he meant to or not!

What was he wrong about, he asked a question ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well you might think Clarkson as a motoring journalist would have a good idea of what goes on at an accident.

You're giving a lot of motoring journalists far too much credit with that statement :glare:

If the road needs to be closed, it needs to be closed. After the Shoreham Air Show crash, the A27 flyover was shut for WEEKS and, while it was very annoying for some, it was completely understandable, given what had happened.

There are bigger things to worry about, so I'd say to Clarkson: suck it up, Buttercup :kiss:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here