Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Beginner Golf Courses in Sussex

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was amazed what Mid Sussex have done to their non-member green fees - not sure when they went up but there must have been a massive hike fairly recently (I play there quite often, but as a member's guest so its reduced). AGree it's in fabulous condition though - probably as good as it's ever been (I was a member for 15 years but simply can't play enough to justify it at the moment). I thought Singing Hills was in awful condition when I played there a few weeks ago - cheap though (they've apparently given members a partial refund because it's so poor)

I like Sweetwoods - nice mix of holes, quite a few trees too. Can't comment on condition as not been there for a while

Pyecombe is worth a visit too if you want another for your list. Beautifully laid out on the top of the Downs.

I think what has happened at Mid Sussex, is they got an influce of members from Hassocks and a fair few from Singing hills, that with an afternoon memberships, play after 1 in the summer and noon in the winter, they dont have the space for guests so have bumped the prices up and then reduced them after 3. £50 is very steep. Nice course but not worth more than £40 in peak tee times IMO.

Agreed about singing hills, the Valley course was awful, the River improved, currently surviving off past reputation I would expect.

Is Pycombe not a bit of a goat track in it location.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Rookwood is superb, off the A24 near Horsham.

Mid-Sussex is a bit tricky for beginners.

Whatever you do, don't play West Hove. Had got my handicap to 16 when I played there 3 years ago and it broke me, haven't played since.

Have done, shot 92 there a few weeks back with a couple of 8s thrown in for good measure. £15 tee times online during June and July, BARGIN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here