Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mid Sussex is very 'playable' for a beginner (with virtually no 'blind' shots) and in very good condition
    Hill Barn is wide open, can get away with spraying it all over the place there
    Can't really recall what Hollingbury is like as not played there for ages but think it was fairly open
    Singing Hills has 3 x 9 hole courses, but does have a load of doglegs and also really isn't in a great state at the moment
    Waterhall is cheap and cheerful, but obviously v hilly. Rarely closes in the winter as it drains well. Pyecombe is an expensive, better-kept similar type of course
    Heard some really good reports about Cottesmore (including some very flexible membership options) but not played there yet
    Played at Tilgate a couple of weeks ago - was better than I remember it. Lots of doglegs and trees though (seemed to be every bloody hole !).
    My dad used to be a member at Cottesmore. He took up golf in his late 50s and gave it up in his early 70s, so very much a beginner! I played a few rounds with him up there and it's a decent course for a beginner (which I also am). The fairways are fairly wide, and there's a couple of more tricky holes to challenge yourself on. Plenty of cheap membership options too.
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Djmiles View Post
      Lindfield has to be up there. Incredibly cheap to play, no water hazards, fairly forgiving if you skew your tee shots too from what I remember.

Assuming itís still open.
      Definitely worth a visit for beginners and still going - pretty cheap, course is OK, comparable with Cuckfield in terms of quality I would say..

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
      Park Course at Goodwood.

Flat, mostly wide fairways, nice outside area overlooking the 18th for a pint. Lots of casual players.

The Downs is a different matter....
      Park Course at Goodwood is a good call.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
      My dad used to be a member at Cottesmore. He took up golf in his late 50s and gave it up in his early 70s, so very much a beginner! I played a few rounds with him up there and it's a decent course for a beginner (which I also am). The fairways are fairly wide, and there's a couple of more tricky holes to challenge yourself on. Plenty of cheap membership options too.
      Cheers - exactly what I'd heard.........good pal of mine's young son plays with their 'academy' and he's been looking at it, so will pop up and have a go.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Mid Sussex is very 'playable' for a beginner (with virtually no 'blind' shots) and in very good condition
      Hill Barn is wide open, can get away with spraying it all over the place there
      Can't really recall what Hollingbury is like as not played there for ages but think it was fairly open
      Singing Hills has 3 x 9 hole courses, but does have a load of doglegs and also really isn't in a great state at the moment
      Waterhall is cheap and cheerful, but obviously v hilly. Rarely closes in the winter as it drains well. Pyecombe is an expensive, better-kept similar type of course
      Heard some really good reports about Cottesmore (including some very flexible membership options) but not played there yet
      Played at Tilgate a couple of weeks ago - was better than I remember it. Lots of doglegs and trees though (seemed to be every bloody hole !).
      The 17th at Mid Sussex is a tough par four, length wise. 17th and 18th can ruin your card.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      I played Hassocks in the week before it closed. The pro said the owner had abandoned plans for the 9 hole course, was just retaining ownership of the land, presumably to sell to developers at a later date.
      NSC Bookie Champion 2011 - 2012
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think Cottesmore is down to one course now? Nice course though.
      Tilgate is good value but actually quite a tough course in places.
      Cuckfield is ‘OK’, I find it way too hilly and a couple of very blind ‘hit and hope’ holes, lovely views though.
      Mid-Sussex is good but again not really a beginners course.

1 Not allowed!
      Seaford Head is a decent course for beginners and stunning views too.

Royal Eastbourne, where I play, has a nine hole course, par 31 which is very good for beginners but still a good test of golf https://www.regc.co.uk/hartington_course

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Milano View Post
      I think Cottesmore is down to one course now? Nice course though.
      Tilgate is good value but actually quite a tough course in places.
      Cuckfield is ‘OK’, I find it way too hilly and a couple of very blind ‘hit and hope’ holes, lovely views though.
      Mid-Sussex is good but again not really a beginners course.
      Cottesmore has a main 18 hole course (Griffin) and a 9 hole (Phoenix)
      I'd rate Tilgate much harder than Mid Sussex - more trees, more rough and loads of dog-legs. I'm pretty crap though so not the best judge
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      New housing estate going up (I've heard they are going to reopen with a 9 hole course)...............I was a member there for a few years before our group moved to Mid Sussex. Love the 18th at Seaford Head. 400 yard drive with the wind
      Iíve heard the 9 holes isnít being built now? Iím sure the planning was conditional on 9 holes a new club house and A flood lit range (as burgess hill was closing at the time, not now)

Donít know how the owner has got away with it?

If you notice up the road there is another development on the stonecross lights, reckon their join up the developments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk