Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Beginner Golf Courses in Sussex

0 Not allowed!
    I've recently started playing again and now with Hassocks gone I was wondering if any of the golfers amoungst us could recommend a nice course for Beginners?

I have Cuckfield and Rustington both on the list however both only 9 holes, Id rather avoid a goat track as I find it frustrating hitting over a hill and not knowing where the hell my ball has gone (Probably the rough).

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      If you can get out on a week day then I’d heartily recommend the Burgess Hill 9 hole par 3. Proved An excellent proving ground for me. A couple of longer holes so you’ll always be learning something other than short game management for which this is excellent.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've recently started playing again and now with Hassocks gone I was wondering if any of the golfers amoungst us could recommend a nice course for Beginners?

I have Cuckfield and Rustington both on the list however both only 9 holes, Id rather avoid a goat track as I find it frustrating hitting over a hill and not knowing where the hell my ball has gone (Probably the rough).

Cheers.
      Mid Sussex is very 'playable' for a beginner (with virtually no 'blind' shots) and in very good condition
      Hill Barn is wide open, can get away with spraying it all over the place there
      Can't really recall what Hollingbury is like as not played there for ages but think it was fairly open
      Singing Hills has 3 x 9 hole courses, but does have a load of doglegs and also really isn't in a great state at the moment
      Waterhall is cheap and cheerful, but obviously v hilly. Rarely closes in the winter as it drains well. Pyecombe is an expensive, better-kept similar type of course
      Heard some really good reports about Cottesmore (including some very flexible membership options) but not played there yet
      Played at Tilgate a couple of weeks ago - was better than I remember it. Lots of doglegs and trees though (seemed to be every bloody hole !).
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post

Cheers.
      Cuckfield has two sets of tees so you can play 18 different tees new owners now also beautiful views.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Play a Haywards Heath while it's still open.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
      If you can get out on a week day then I’d heartily recommend the Burgess Hill 9 hole par 3. Proved An excellent proving ground for me. A couple of longer holes so you’ll always be learning something other than short game management for which this is excellent.
      Same for me........quite pricey though and can be slow. You can get a twilight round on several 18 hole courses for a similar price.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
      Played it two weekends ago, looking for more of a challange. but its enjoyable certaininly on a summers eve.

0 Not allowed!
      I really like Gatton Manor, I think you'll get a couple of rounds there before you'd need to look at membership, have a chat with the golf pro, David Fluke.

1 Not allowed!
      It's been a while since I played (I didn't even realise that Hassocks was gone – had some fond memories of early morning rounds there), but I remember starting out at Seaford Head. Great course, if a little challenging in a few places (especially if there was a bit of a breeze).

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bobkin View Post
      It's been a while since I played (I didn't even realise that Hassocks was gone – had some fond memories of early morning rounds there), but I remember starting out at Seaford Head. Great course, if a little challenging in a few places (especially if there was a bit of a breeze).
      New housing estate going up (I've heard they are going to reopen with a 9 hole course)...............I was a member there for a few years before our group moved to Mid Sussex. Love the 18th at Seaford Head. 400 yard drive with the wind