Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Seychelles advice

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Hi all,

Travelling to Seychelles (Mahe) in a few weeks, never been before. Does anyone on NSC recommend anything there, also seems they like Pound, Euro, USD , and Seychellois rupee. Just wondering if anyone has been other than the currently rate what is the most accepted currency.

Thanks
Danny

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely incredible place, you'll love it. Best beaches I've seen anywhere in the world, and I've been around a bit.

boik

I always feel a bit uneasy about people flying to places like the Seychelles and Maldives when they're being so badly affected by climate change. But then I guess the income must be welcome. Tough call for them.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
USD is the favoured currency.

If you can afford it, go to a couple of islands - they’re quite different from Mahe. There’s one that (used to?) has an indigenous parrot (black, from memory) and another with virgin rainforest. The highlands of Mahe are very beautiful, and the beaches are stereotypically desert island stunning (fine white sand, leaning coconut trees).

I cam back with a coco de mer, which is, err, interestingly shaped. However, this was a long time ago; I think it’s now illegal to export them.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You should try Maldives!

Yes, Maldives are fabulous but Seychelles is different.
Maldives is pure white sand on the edge of the small islands edged by palm trees and bushes, Seychelles has more in the way of coves, rocks etc etc.
Both fabulous locations but still preferred a lot of the beaches on Kauai (Hawaii) because of the surf and scenery.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, Maldives are fabulous but Seychelles is different.
Maldives is pure white sand on the edge of the small islands edged by palm trees and bushes, Seychelles has more in the way of coves, rocks etc etc.
Both fabulous locations but still preferred a lot of the beaches on Kauai (Hawaii) because of the surf and scenery.

Grace Bay in the Turks and Caicos is without a doubt the best beach I have ever been on. Over three miles of white sandy beach. Fantastic (to quote the taxi driver in the Go Compare advert)

On the OPs original post - US dollars would be my suggestion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here