Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] At what age did you hear your first rude word?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was about 8, when I heard my grandad say bugger, as he had hit his thumb with a hammer.
Moving onwards, I first heard fvck when I was 10, at school.
Over to you blaspheming hetherns :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I remember a relation telling me a dirty joke when I was about 10 and pretending to know what the feck he was going on about.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
9 , the sweary naughty words were , WTF is that , (from my brother ) as i hauled a near 3lb black bream up out of the water whilst fishing on the palace pier .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I have yet to hear my first rude word. I live a very sheltered life.

I'm sure I heard a lot of rude words when I was an infant uttered by my parents and others taking care of me. It's just that I could not comprehend those words.

5807b2c61a00008f205ba817.jpeg

Last edited:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I would imagine 4-5 and probably me old nan who had a magical way with words especially whilst story telling not that I understood what any of them meant but you knew they were naughty from the way my mum tuted but couldn’t tell her mum off in her own house hehe

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
1970, as a 5 year old, running round Horton Rd in Hollingdean singing “BLOODY Red Baron of Germany.
That was swearing all those years ago. :facepalm:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I was about 8, when I heard my grandad say bugger, as he had hit his thumb with a hammer.
Moving onwards, I first heard fvck when I was 10, at school.
Over to you blaspheming hetherns :thumbsup:

How on earth did you not hear the word f√ck until you were ten and how the f¥ck do you remember the first time?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It might be earlier than we all think (or maybe just for certain families!). Two stories:

1) My sister in law (who does get road rage quite easily, as does Mrs GB) was driving along one day with my two year old niece in the back seat when all of a sudden she heard her say "oh for f***s sake, there goes bunny-bun".

2) We have very good friends from North London and the dad of the family was a semi-famous jazz musician. They often had arty types round. During the power cuts and three day weeks of the 1970s the wife was in a supermarket with the eldest child who was then 5 years old. The power went off and youngest child shouted to the whole shop "who turned the f***ing lights out?". She said she had to quickly move the trolley under the cover of darkness so no one knew it was her :lolol:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
No idea when I heard my first, but my best earliest memory of swearing was seeing the Life of Brian when I was about 10.

I can still remember rolling around on the floor doubled up with laughter, most of which was due to the fact people were saying **** so often.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Eight. From older boys at school. TBH I didn't realise it was rude at the time, but I remember thinking I must find out what a **** is, and whether it was anything like a punt?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
The first time swearing ever shocked me, was when my brother used the phrase 'Mother Fu**er'. I can't remember my age, but I was under ten. I blame all the VHS American films that we had just been introduced to. It's not a phrase I used a lot myself until I signed up to NSC. Now I use it most days.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I’m still struggling with normal English without worrying about naughty words

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here