Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Gove, politicians and drugs

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Before I go on I must say Gove is a massive prick. That said, who on earth hasn’t dabbled in casual drug taking in their youth?? I reckon 90% of the people who respond to this and say they haven’t are liars?

Why would people lie about It? When I was at Uni inn the 70s most of my friends partook of illegal substances, but plenty chose very deliberately not to, just as people choose not to smoke or to drink.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Jesus. You’re a bit tetchy this morning; the come downs don’t get any easier do they mate? Tuesdays are even worse.

Firstly I think the post was incorrect, secondly just returning the insult used against someone else. Public Holiday here today for Lizzie so no work to worry about.

But ever so sorry Mother Superior, sorry.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Live and let live, I say. As long as he isn't preaching to others about their lifestyle choices then who cares?

wait?

what?

oh......

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Years ago I had pretty bad dandruff and after scratching my head for a couple of minutes had enough dandruff to rack up a small line for my mate whilst he was in the bathroom. He obliged not knowing of course and 20 years on we are still good mates but I just can’t tell him.......... would you?

I’d be happy to help - drop me a PM with his name and number and I’ll tell him, no problem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d be more concerned about a politician who had never taken drugs as a youngster rather than condemn them for it. Just about everyone who has reached the top seems to have done so in their youth :shrug:

Or am I wrong?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’d be more concerned about a politician who had never taken drugs as a youngster rather than condemn them for it. Just about everyone who has reached the top seems to have done so in their youth :shrug:

Or am I wrong?

In their youth....Gove was 30. :lolol:

Where I think your statement can be reversed is should we be concerned at MPs who condemn drug use and pass regressive draconian policies against it, even though they themselves have been users?

All very well saying they have all probably done it to reach the top, but their decisions are getting other people doing the same thing banged up and with criminal records.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In their youth....Gove was 30. :lolol:

Where I think your statement can be reversed is should we be concerned at MPs who condemn drug use and pass regressive draconian policies against it, even though they themselves have been users?

All very well saying they have all probably done it to reach the top, but their decisions are getting other people doing the same thing banged up and with criminal records.

Do you still get banged up for using drugs? I have no idea, it’s been a long long time and I never reached the top either :wink:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think the important question is should we really give two hoots about what someone vying to be Prime Minister has done in private decades ago or should we give two hoots about their attitudes and voting histories in relation to taxes, defence, immigration, Brexit, social equality and upward mobility, closing the wealth gap, closing the gender inequality gap, social care, the NHS, welfare, education etc etc etc.

All vastly more relevant to the potential job at hand compared to what Gove stuck up his nose.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the important question is should we really give two hoots about what someone vying to be Prime Minister has done in private decades ago or should we give two hoots about their attitudes and voting histories in relation to taxes, defence, immigration, Brexit, social equality and upward mobility, closing the wealth gap, closing the gender inequality gap, social care, the NHS, welfare, education etc etc etc.

All vastly more relevant to the potential job at hand compared to what Gove stuck up his nose.

Law and order, crime and punishment...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Law and order, crime and punishment...

Yeah sure I take your point.

But still, the last day and a half have been dominated by news of something he did twenty years ago rather than how he intends to lead the country should he get the job.

I know what I'm more interested in.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do you still get banged up for using drugs? I have no idea, it’s been a long long time and I never reached the top either :wink:

At least you tried though.... respect for that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Due to the complete lack of empathy in any of these characters it's pretty safe to say they've never dabbled in ecstacy :love:

Then he would have had to admit going to illegal raves or a frequenter of Sterns, somehow I just can’t see Gove at one of those :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Due to the complete lack of empathy in any of these characters it's pretty safe to say they've never dabbled in ecstacy :love:

Feck me I'd pay good money to be in a club with all the cabinet on E's...

Shit you'd tell them that you loved them all though wouldn't you Tom

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Unfortunately reactions such as we've seen to the Gove thing is why we can't have a proper drugs debate in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here