Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Gove, politicians and drugs

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
In their youth....Gove was 30. :lolol:

Where I think your statement can be reversed is should we be concerned at MPs who condemn drug use and pass regressive draconian policies against it, even though they themselves have been users?

All very well saying they have all probably done it to reach the top, but their decisions are getting other people doing the same thing banged up and with criminal records.

But they're ordinary people, so they don't count...!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It’s not that he took cocaine that bothers me. It’s the sheer hypocrisy of it all. In 2014 he introduced a teachers' code of conduct with lifetime bans for teachers caught using Class A drugs like cocaine. Whilst I’m not against the aforementioned, teachers are deemed unfit to teach if they use cocaine but he's fit to run for PM? Baffling.

He did so many things in teaching that made the profession untenable. He's a total, utter knobface.

Disappointingly I've had him in my actual classroom before during a lesson. I should've just knocked him out but the grown up in me realised that he wasn't worth the jail time.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think the important question is should we really give two hoots about what someone vying to be Prime Minister has done in private decades ago or should we give two hoots about their attitudes and voting histories in relation to taxes, defence, immigration, Brexit, social equality and upward mobility, closing the wealth gap, closing the gender inequality gap, social care, the NHS, welfare, education etc etc etc.

All vastly more relevant to the potential job at hand compared to what Gove stuck up his nose.

Well, to be honest this is all about being a Tory prime minister, so you can pretty much cross off all the nice things in your list...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The whole thing is thoroughly depressing.

Sure Gove’s a hypocrite, but what politician isn’t? You’ve got Boris shagging Petronella Wyatt behind his wife’s back and paying for an abortion, you’ve got Andrea Leadsom lying about her career in the city, you’ve got Jeremy Corbyn saying that liking an anti-Semitic post should be ignored, you’ve got Chris Hahn lying about taking speeding points, you’ve got dodgy expenses claims still rife.

There is zero moral high ground in politics. They are all hypocritical wankers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And yet don't people enjoy the schadenfreude and pile in with the abuse when someone tries to create a new party, like Change UK and the SDP before it. The public get what they deserve.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive never touched it, haven't even smoked a cigarette.

It wouldn't stop me voting for Mr Gove on the back of his admission though if I thought he was the best option

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The hypocrisy of every one of these elitist two faced ******** masquerading as the elected representatives of the people is stunning beyond belief, so Gove lied about taking Coke, he's lied about pretty much everything else too. Prime Minister? He should be lined up against a wall with the rest of the ***ts.

That's my considered view of the subject anyway... :D

Viva the revolution or counter revolution or ...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I think the important question is should we really give two hoots about what someone vying to be Prime Minister has done in private decades ago or should we give two hoots about their attitudes and voting histories in relation to taxes, defence, immigration, Brexit, social equality and upward mobility, closing the wealth gap, closing the gender inequality gap, social care, the NHS, welfare, education etc etc etc.

All vastly more relevant to the potential job at hand compared to what Gove stuck up his nose.

You've gone too far with that comment.

The thought of 'up his nose' and the images it conjures up have quite put me off my bread and dripping. Yuk.

Please edit it out to save other sensitive souls.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The hypocrisy of every one of these elitist two faced ******** masquerading as the elected representatives of the people is stunning beyond belief, so Gove lied about taking Coke, he's lied about pretty much everything else too. Prime Minister? He should be lined up against a wall with the rest of the ***ts.

That's my considered view of the subject anyway... :D

Viva the revolution or counter revolution or ...

These people are patently trying to get all of their skeletons out of the closet earlydoors to match the pace set by impressive dark horse Rory Stewart. Sadly for them tho, their pompous public pronouncements are so ludicrous that they just end up being even more of a laughing stock than they were before - should such a thing be possible :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well, to be honest this is all about being a Tory prime minister, so you can pretty much cross off all the nice things in your list...

Unless your a Tory donor or a pensioner of course.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Apart from myself, I only personally know just one other person in my circle over the last 25 years who hasn't taken something 'illegal' - so yes this is probably a non story.

D

Deleted member 22389

Apart from myself, I only personally know just one other person in my circle over the last 25 years who hasn't taken something 'illegal' - so yes this is probably a non story.

True. This story probably has a few more days left in it. They will move on to something else for people to get angry about.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I bet there is tons of stuff to come out, wait for Gove and his mob to start slinging shite at Bozo if he looks like winning the vote

There's nothing left that isn't in the public domain already, the about turns, the affairs, the vanity projects as London Mayor, the inappropriate racial/religious comments and ordering a girlfriend to have an abortion. Isn't that enough ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

How many in your circle of friends have stood or will stand for high public office though ? Don't forget Gove would have sacked a teacher on class A drugs but having used them himself it seems no impediment to running the country ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
How many in your circle of friends have stood or will stand for high public office though ? Don't forget Gove would have sacked a teacher on class A drugs but having used them himself it seems no impediment to running the country ?
I don’t disagree. I just suspect the vast majority of people have taken drugs, so why are people so surprised when the media reveal as much.

Gove had no chance of winning anyway!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't forget Gove would have sacked a teacher on class A drugs but having used them himself it seems no impediment to running the country ?

And this is what sticks with me. It’s not the fact he liked a bit of gak, it’s the fact he thinks it is perfectly acceptable to run the country but not okay to run a class. One rule for him, a different rule for others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here