Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Gove, politicians and drugs

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Before I go on I must say Gove is a massive prick. That said, who on earth hasn’t dabbled in casual drug taking in their youth?? I reckon 90% of the people who respond to this and say they haven’t are liars?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gove - The first man in history to make cocaine look uncool.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before I go on I must say Gove is a massive prick. That said, who on earth hasn’t dabbled in casual drug taking in their youth?? I reckon 90% of the people who respond to this and say they haven’t are liars?

Yes, but I didn't go around saying 'drugs are bad, vote for me'. Your first sentence is very correct. :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i didnt myself (honest) but know so many that did especially in the 90's.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It’s not that he took cocaine that bothers me. It’s the sheer hypocrisy of it all. In 2014 he introduced a teachers' code of conduct with lifetime bans for teachers caught using Class A drugs like cocaine. Whilst I’m not against the aforementioned, teachers are deemed unfit to teach if they use cocaine but he's fit to run for PM? Baffling.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Years ago I had pretty bad dandruff and after scratching my head for a couple of minutes had enough dandruff to rack up a small line for my mate whilst he was in the bathroom. He obliged not knowing of course and 20 years on we are still good mates but I just can’t tell him.......... would you?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe this was part of the Tories rule change on electing a new leader, whoever can snort the longest line gets in

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fair, if I was in the Tory party I’d also need to be on mind bending drugs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s not that he took cocaine that bothers me. It’s the sheer hypocrisy of it all. In 2014 he introduced a teachers' code of conduct with lifetime bans for teachers caught using Class A drugs like cocaine. Whilst I’m not against the aforementioned, teachers are deemed unfit to teach if they use cocaine but he's fit to run for PM? Baffling.

And as recent as a few hours ago he was saying people shouldn’t be defined by their worst mistake. Hypocrite.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Gove is a very able politician in the current Tory government but he was not an impressionable easily led teanager when he took cocaine he was a thirty year old man as such he must stand down as a contender for the highest of posts

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gove is a very able politician in the current Tory government but he was not an impressionable easily led teanager when he took cocaine he was a thirty year old man as such he must stand down as a contender for the highest of posts

Able, as in he lies and is a hypocrite?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Able, as in he lies and is a hypocrite?

Able as he is an capable political operator not sure he has lied would be interesting to have sight of the USA visa applications he has completed in the past maybe they will surface over the next few days and then we may see, hypocritical yes he as nearly all politicians have been.

To me it's the fact he took class A Drugs as an adult and what made him admit now was he about to exposed by his dealer or othe crackhead buddies this is such an error of judgment that it makes him standing to become our next Priminister is totally unacceptable, he should now withdraw from the race not to do so will be another error of judgment

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, never taken any such class A drugs. Sorry, but this is what’s so ****ed about our society. Everyone who commits offences excuses their actions with the old ‘but everyone’s done it’ chestnut; and then calls anyone who didn’t a liar or bore or something else that denigrates higher integrity or better judgement. It’s about time people stopped condoning such behaviour. Gove ought to go, he had zero credibility after Brexit and even less now. I don’t want politicians who fuel the drug trade running my country; everyone knows cocaine trade is funded by wealthy westerners. The hypocrisy here makes his position untenable.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Which politician hasn't done drugs at some point? Gove is undoubtedly part of the majority who has.

But we’re not talking about class c Woodstock hash. This is serious stuff

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
But we’re not talking about class c Woodstock hash. This is serious stuff

Agreed, but class A drugs are rife at so many public schools where so many of our politicians have come from. In the city Coke is practically easier to pick up than a pack of cigarettes

And don't tell me Boris hasn't taken something at some point? I'd be more worried if he had'nt!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Agreed, but class A drugs are rife at so many public schools where so many of our politicians have come from. In the city Coke is practically easier to pick up than a pack of cigarettes

And don't tell me Boris hasn't taken something at some point? I'd be more worried if he had'nt!

I care not that lots of others are doing class A drugs and making the world a miserable place as a consequence. I don’t want my potential next Prime Minister as someone with a history of taking Class A drugs. It’s not ok. If more people fought against rather than meekly accepting that their kids take, it’s socially acceptable etc then perhaps our society wouldn’t be in such a ruinous state. We’re all suffering the affects of the drug trade. Amazed and saddened by the brain numbing idiocy people condone drug taking with. It’s more damaging than anything this world has ever faced before: Famines, WW2, Great Plague of 14th century included.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here