Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sauerkraut

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a Hamilton fan I thought it was the wrong decision but I knew Vettel would crack under the pressure from Lewis at some stage, he always does. A shame because I think Lewis would have carried on looking for the overtake without the penalty.

Not sure Vettel had anywhere to go.

Really enjoyable race to watch and it seems that the Bottas of 2018 is back.

Funny but very childish from Seb to switch the boards around.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He's a spoilt brat who can't drive under pressure. Dreadful loser just like Schumacher but with half the talent.
To be fair he did tell the crowd to stop booing Lewis. But he doesn't often display that quality.

Sent from my SM-J330F using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He behaved very poorly, irrelevant of the decision it has been made and he should've graciously completed his duties but instead he tried several tricks to cause a scene and make it about him. He embarrassed himself

He left the track and gained an advantage by keeping his place and also seemed to squeeze Hamilton by steering right when he was back on track. I understand it was difficult for him to stay to the left due to the car being out of control which raises the argument that he should've reduced his speed and returned to the track safely.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
He behaved very poorly, irrelevant of the decision it has been made and he should've graciously completed his duties but instead he tried several tricks to cause a scene and make it about him. He embarrassed himself

He left the track and gained an advantage by keeping his place and also seemed to squeeze Hamilton by steering right when he was back on track. I understand it was difficult for him to stay to the left due to the car being out of control which raises the argument that he should've reduced his speed and returned to the track safely.

He was only steering right as the car had snap oversteer as he rejoined the track. If he had kept the lock on to the left he most likely would have spun, collected Lewis and taken them both out of the race.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Personally I think F1 is so whitewashed with namby pambys nowadays that I can't even be bothered to watch it. Why not give all the teams the same budget, even the same engines, and see who is the best? I don't think we have seen the best since Jim Clarke, so it is boring politic driven bollocks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The stewards singlehandedly decided the outcome of the race but we didn't hear a peep out of them during or in the immediate aftermath of the race. Surely for the integrity of the sport they must make it clear to everybody why they decided what they did? Drivers and pundits alike were slating the stewards who had no opportunity to explain themselves.

F1 shoots itself in the foot again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As a Hamilton fan I thought it was the wrong decision but I knew Vettel would crack under the pressure from Lewis at some stage, he always does. A shame because I think Lewis would have carried on looking for the overtake without the penalty.

Not sure Vettel had anywhere to go.

Really enjoyable race to watch and it seems that the Bottas of 2018 is back.

Funny but very childish from Seb to switch the boards around.

This.

Vettel got lucky keeping his lead after cracking, no way the stewards should have played god and reversed the result.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Will he get a further penalty for not taking his car to park ferme?
Not sure why he was pulling his car backwards when he got out at the wrong end of the pit lane.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Vettel didn't have much room to play with but the track is more than 2 cars wide, telemetry will tell the truth, if Vettel accelerated on rejoining the track that would have caused the snap oversteer, with dusty tyres, if he'd rejoined in full control from the grass with his foot off the gas he could have easily stayed left and Hamilton would have overtaken. . . . therefore I can see why the 5s penalty . . . maybe harsh but he was pressured into a mistake . . . . thats racing.

most of us who've raced cars have been off track, and accelerating/braking on grass is generally a no no . . . . it doesn't work. you just have to gently guide the car as best you can to safety. you are certainly not racing!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Vettel didn't have much room to play with but the track is more than 2 cars wide, telemetry will tell the truth, if Vettel accelerated on rejoining the track that would have caused the snap oversteer, with dusty tyres, if he'd rejoined in full control from the grass with his foot off the gas he could have easily stayed left and Hamilton would have overtaken. . . . therefore I can see why the 5s penalty . . . maybe harsh but he was pressured into a mistake . . . . thats racing.

most of us who've raced cars have been off track, and accelerating/braking on grass is generally a no no . . . . it doesn't work. you just have to gently guide the car as best you can to safety. you are certainly not racing!

Interesting. So if the stewards decided that Vettel didn’t lift and should have done that’s why they gave the penalty? Effectively dangerous driving denying Hamilton the overtake that he’d created by pressuring Vettel into the mistake?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here