Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums owned but forgotten.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
For no apparent reason, I fancied listening to a bit of Billy Joel tonight and selected the album 'River of Dreams. Always enjoyed the title track, but apart from that and '2000 Years', I'm a bit shocked to find I recognise none of the other tracks and just don't remember hearing them before. 'Famous Last Words' has a familiar ring, but otherwise it's as if I never owned or played the album at all. Anyone else been through the same, slightly unnerving experience?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Billy Joel? Ther's your first mistake :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Most of them. I have been known to buy albums, not realising that I already had a copy, or been unable to find and play an album because I got rid of it years ago.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
White Noise - released in the 1970s. It was a bit weird and I sold it but I fell compelled to hear it again!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hope your stamp collection enjoyed it. Was it Talk on Corners by The Corrs?

More likely to be

R-1906734-1251590788.jpeg.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I had lots of tracks and occasional sides of albums that were only played once.

I also had a large Frank Zappa collection when I was younger.

These two facts may be connected ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whilst I gave this the thumbs up, I will admit to having played Billy Joel and singing along when drunk.

To be fair I saw him on the car programme with the Geordie bloke from AC/DC and he seems like a nice lad. Has written some good tunes too. But his is somewhat emblematic (of the sort of bloke we none of us want to be - one that bags a bird way out of our class then gets horribly dumped :lolol:)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve owned 37 albums that I’ve forgotten about and misplaced. Obviously that’s all I can say on the matter.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yazoo "Upstairs at Eric's" bought in on vinyl from a second hand shop recently, forgot how strange it is, still like it though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Billy Joel? Ther's your first mistake :shrug:

I got railroaded into going to a Billy Joel concert about 25 years ago. I went moaning and complaining and fully expecting it to be awful. It was in fact brilliant, he is/was a great entertainer with a charismatic stage presence and a very good voice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had lots of tracks and occasional sides of albums that were only played once.

I also had a large Frank Zappa collection when I was younger.

These two facts may be connected ???

Sacrilege, maybe you were TOO young :smile:

I too had a few Zappa albums, and now you’ve inspired me to go rediscover them. The man was totally bizarre but the lyrics are wonderful...and very weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smZA9Jv3qH0

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To be fair I saw him on the car programme with the Geordie bloke from AC/DC and he seems like a nice lad. Has written some good tunes too. But his is somewhat emblematic (of the sort of bloke we none of us want to be - one that bags a bird way out of our class then gets horribly dumped :lolol:)

I bagged a bird way out of my class and haven't been dumped yet. Yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here