Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New THREAD?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I used to like (not really) the threads with the title "Latest Transfers" you would drill in only for the Bozo to post "Any news?" (They weren't even on a wind up, just desperate to start a tread that other people might add to)

This slowed down a lot when we could see the comment without actually going into the thread. We are talking over 10 years ago.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I used to like (not really) the threads with the title "Latest Transfers" you would drill in only for the Bozo to post "Any news?" (They weren't even on a wind up, just desperate to start a tread that other people might add to)

This slowed down a lot when we could see the comment without actually going into the thread. We are talking over 10 years ago.

I am desperate alright :D

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't mind, as long as it outrages me.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Say yes to the dress? Oh come on you know your Mrs likes Randy?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I like pineapple on pizza

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You could try answering this for me. It was an animated pub discussion the other night.

Wrecking. That thing Cornish people used to do in the 18th century or whenever, when they’d go to the local cliffs and beaches at night with flaming torches etc, lure passing ships onto the rocks and then make off with the salvaged cargo etc.

Say you’re the captain of said ship, heading up or down the Channel with your precious cargo. What makes you think, ooh look, loads of flickering lights, let’s change course and go over THERE, because that would make sense, wouldn’t it? Hmm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy one. They got the fire out to guide ships during storms. Sometimes they would help. Other times they would lure the ship to wreck. They weren't just waving the fire about whilly nilly on nice calm evenings.

Next.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Palace are in fact are a wonderful club and almost single handedly saved Brighton's premier league status, with 6 points donated and a heroic win at Cardiff, which was obviously beyond us.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Say you’re the captain of said ship, heading up or down the Channel with your precious cargo. What makes you think, ooh look, loads of flickering lights, let’s change course and go over THERE, because that would make sense, wouldn’t it? Hmm?

I suppose a whopping great bribe from the firestarters (twisted firestarters.. etc) would sway your decision with that big knobbly wheel in your hands? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here's one. How should you act when you think you are dealing with someone who is annoying and stupid? Should you make allowances for stupidity? How big allowances? How much stupidity? And who are you to determine stupidity?

Genuine question as I am feeling guilty for being rough with two people for perceived stupidity. Should I bother only when it affects my life, for example? Or should I lash out at anything I find annoying? I really don't know.

On the one hand (I'll stop here because I have a small amount of self-awareness and suspect I am tumbling head first into tedious barsted territory, with lashings of hoity toitiness).

Cracking thread, by the way :thumbsup:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
:mad:

I want to start a new thread but cannot decide what to post.:eek: what do you lot suggest? BREXIT? England lionesses? 3rd place sucess? New signings? VIRTUES? Boris(God no please) work place ISSUES? ERNEST? New SHIRT? (very nice) oh come on its really boring on NSC close season:)

Unsubstantiated transfer rumour Unsubstantiated transfer rumour!l

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Here's one. How should you act when you think you are dealing with someone who is annoying and stupid? Should you make allowances for stupidity? How big allowances? How much stupidity? And who are you to determine stupidity?

Genuine question as I am feeling guilty for being rough with two people for perceived stupidity. Should I bother only when it affects my life, for example? Or should I lash out at anything I find annoying? I really don't know.

It depends on your state of mind and/or mood at the time of given stupidity.

I always find that when someone says something stupid which upsets me online, either 12 hours or an overnight 'sleep' before replying does the trick.

If said offender(s) perpetually post things which annoy you, it's best to ignore them as they're a) not your kind of person - or b) a twunt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here