Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How’s your spelling?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Breach - an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct.

Breeches - short trousers fastened just below the knee, now chiefly worn for riding or as part of ceremonial dress.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My spelling is awful I was delighted when I found the Brighton supporters North Stand Collective and that they used NSK as their logo I thought great finally a fan club for Dyslexic supporters :rave:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My handwriting suffered in the the forces, they all write in block capitals, more neater.
Spelling even werse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wandering around wondering about this

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My spelling is OK but I seem to be part of a dying breed that tries to get it right. If I am not sure then I look it up. And I do often type phonetically and occasionally miss that I have got a word wrong. I then have to fix it. Maybe more OCD than anything.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Breach - an act of breaking or failing to observe a law, agreement, or code of conduct.

Breeches - short trousers fastened just below the knee, now chiefly worn for riding or as part of ceremonial dress.

Beach - a pebbly or sandy shore, especially by the sea between high- and low-water marks.

Beatch - alternative spelling of biatch. Oft-used on ITV2.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
My spelling is not always accurate but fortunately there appear to be a number of people who frequent NSC who are kindly willing to correct it for me.

Last edited:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere

It's not just the spelling. I have not been able to work out what is going on in the first sentence, because there are too many words in it, and no punctuation at all.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It's not just the spelling. I have not been able to work out what is going on in the first sentence, because there are too many words in it, and no punctuation at all.

Dreadful. I was going to define “stink” !!!!!

My posts speak for themselves, however I find that I am incapable of learning how to spell 'diarrhoea'. In fact this is the first time ever that I have not had to look it up, but that's only because it is the first time I have uttered it on Google speech input.

And also worn as summer wear by chavs.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I do my utmost to be the upmost in the table at spelling competitions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fink that mine is defiantly good enuff.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Eye fink eye am kwite gud.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here