Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Talking Pictures TV

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just found this channel whilst browsing the guide. Never heard of it before, is it new? Anyway I just missed Sussex Fortnight. Made in 1950. By bicycle with Raymond Glendenning to Arundel, Littlehampton and a horse show, ending with the Goodwood Cup. I don't have Sky so can't watch it on there and did a search and nothing on YouTube. Anyone any idea where I can watch this? Thanks in advance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just found this channel whilst browsing the guide. Never heard of it before, is it new? Anyway I just missed Sussex Fortnight. Made in 1950. By bicycle with Raymond Glendenning to Arundel, Littlehampton and a horse show, ending with the Goodwood Cup. I don't have Sky so can't watch it on there and did a search and nothing on YouTube. Anyone any idea where I can watch this? Thanks in advance.

It's not that new I've been watching it for ages, albeit via Sky, and have no idea how you can pick it up.

A great mix of old films with short 10 to 15 films on a wide range of topics, recently there have been a few on steam trains. Also the odd TV series from yesteryear.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know I can get the channel on TalkTalk, I was just wondering if I can get to see this Sussex Fortnight anywhere, as I missed it earlier.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
I know I can get the channel on TalkTalk, I was just wondering if I can get to see this Sussex Fortnight anywhere, as I missed it earlier.
Watched it today and it's weird and wonderful,bury hill, Arundel then Littlehampton infact the end of my road.well worth a watch 1950 s nostalgia.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Some of Talking Pictures is great. We were gripped by The Human Jungle, which was well written/directed/acted. But then this is balanced out by some absolute dross, which you're not surprised hasn't been seen since - but are puzzled over why it still exists and wasn't wiped.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have been known to partake. It's been around for a fair old while and Francis Rossi, he of Status Quo, is a big fan.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
To be fair they do show some much more up to date stuff as well to keep the youngsters happy.

gt.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here