Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] RIP Justin Edinburgh

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So sad to hear this news, met him a couple of times, thought he was a huge footie fan and a great prospect, RIP Justin, love to your friends and family.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He was pretty scathing about us after the Newport defeat if I remember. Sad news though obviously.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Such sad news. Feel for his family. He must of had regular heath and heart screenings as well being in the professional environment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Awful news RIP

:angel:

Doctor Crawley

Jun 5, 2012
Crawley
I just knew NSC would rightly be so most respectful.
A tenacious defender,a most competitive manager.Nothing wrong with that.
Too young to go, life is not fair.
Thoughts are rightly with Justins Wife and kids.
Such a shame I’m totally exhausted by this.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Dreadful.Condolences to his family.RIP,far too young.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Awful news. Remember him breaking into the Spurs team when i used to travel up to watch games at White Hart Lane with my mate who was a Spurs fan. Played in the same side as Lineker, Gazza etc. Way too young to die. R.I.P.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P Justin.

I'm 50, he's 49, WTF? Made the most of what talent he had, this is shocking news.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP far too young

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He was pretty scathing about us after the Newport defeat if I remember. Sad news though obviously.

He was, but he had a pretty valid point. We'd appointed Oscar Garcia, on the back of being a promising Spanish coach and his connections (doubtless) to Barcelona... I'm guessing that JE felt it frustrating we weren't willing (at the time) to give a promising young British manager the same kind of chance... On the face of it, retrospectively, Oscar was hardly an inspired choice - I sometimes forget he managed us at all... Anyway, I guess we've addressed this issue with our last two managerial appointments.

As for this news, it's so sad - a fit looking man even now and then this. As others have said, it's the kind of news that brings home (again) the fragility of our life and that living each day as well as we are able to is all we can really plan and hope for.

RIP to a good footballing man.

Peace be the journey.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He was, but he had a pretty valid point. We'd appointed Oscar Garcia, on the back of being a promising Spanish coach and his connections (doubtless) to Barcelona... I'm guessing that JE felt it frustrating we weren't willing (at the time) to give a promising young British manager the same kind of chance... On the face of it, retrospectively, Oscar was hardly an inspired choice - I sometimes forget he managed us at all... Anyway, I guess we've addressed this issue with our last two managerial appointments.

As for this news, it's so sad - a fit looking man even now and then this. As others have said, it's the kind of news that brings home (again) the fragility of our life and that living each day as well as we are able to is all we can really plan and hope for.

Peace be the journey.
Lovely tribute, well said Kosh. RIP Justin.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Peace be the journey.

Looking back on it this makes me realise how right he was.

There is this assumption that a foreign name connected to a big club will bring success. What about and Englishman who has been in such a set up ? No difference.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Looking back on it this makes me realise how right he was.

There is this assumption that a foreign name connected to a big club will bring success. What about and Englishman who has been in such a set up ? No difference.

Very true. If you look at it back then, I think JE might have been a good fit for us... in the mould of CH, but younger and potentially a very decent manager. He did a wonderful job at Newport and with Orient too - especially holding off moneybags Salford to triumph in the Conference. Like all managers his magic wasn't obvious everywhere, but he'd done enough to be given a chance in the Championship. It's a bit of an indictment of the game that he wasn't given that opportunity, clearly a very capable motivator and manager - clearly, from what I've read, a good bloke too.

As for the lure of the flairtastic foreign name, i doubt in this culture of dry ice, super hi def slow motion and hyperbole it'll diminish anytime soon - but in that sea of mediocrity, it's nice to see how well an exceptional lower league manager can be remembered... for the right reasons.

I just hope people in the game reflect on this, and start giving promising young British coaches a genuine chance at the top table.

For this reason, (as I'm now over the shock of losing CH) I believe our board have made a wonderful and progressive appointment, in giving a tangible opportunity to a promising young British manager who used to ply his trade as a hard working fullback... the parallels are not lost on me.

I guess you can add Chris Wilder, and Sean Dyche to that list and our friend at Bournemouth too... the game doesn't fail everyone, but sometimes I find myself scratching my head as to why a Huddersfield for example, would think they can repeat the trick by bringing in a very inexperienced foreign coach rather than taking (surely) the less risky option of a JE type?!?

For JE and his legacy, I hope our Graham is a huge success :)

Come on Albion.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here