Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much would Albion cost to buy?

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
For everyone, especially financial gurus. Everthing has a price, they say - so how much money do you think would tempt Tony Bloom, and would he be quids in given the market in PL clubs?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
For everyone, especially financial gurus. Everthing has a price, they say - so how much money do you think would tempt Tony Bloom, and would he be quids in given the market in PL clubs?

Everything has a price.

Except the Albion for Tony Bloom.

FACT.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Everything has a price.

Except the Albion for Tony Bloom.

FACT.

A noble sentiment, based in thorough rationale, of course.....but it came to me in relation to the £350 mil quoted for the Toon.
Just how much is this club worth on the open market - bearing in mind the number of foreign zillionaires paying Monopoly money?
It could be just the ticket if you think of the City experience.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

The thing to consider is what does Tony expect it to be worth when he intends to pass the ownership on to his children. I don't expect he would ever consider it as nobody is likely to offer more than £200m and Tony will hang on to the club all the time he doesn't need to relinquish his investment

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
A noble sentiment, based in thorough rationale, of course.....but it came to me in relation to the £350 mil quoted for the Toon.
Just how much is this club worth on the open market - bearing in mind the number of foreign zillionaires paying Monopoly money?

Piss off you perfumed Palace ponce.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Never going to happen though. You can ask, "how much is the Albion worth?". But you can't ask "What would tempt Tony Bloom?".

You could offer him the one ring to rule them all. He'd still turn you down.

If you're asking how much is the Albion worth, I don't know. A lot more than it was, and probably less than it will be. :thumbsup:

I'd like to think, anyway.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
The thing to consider is what does Tony expect it to be worth when he intends to pass the ownership on to his children. I don't expect he would ever consider it as nobody is likely to offer more than £200m and Tony will hang on to the club all the time he doesn't need to relinquish his investment

That sentiment supposes that the PL is bomb-proof as an investment, and he'll never stop being a fan I'm sure, but if you want security for the kids then cash (or rock-solid assets) is king. The man is as shrewd a cookie as there is, and I don't think it would be fair to deride him if he sold up given the debt we all owe him, but he may decide an offer is too good to turn down.....his life's work has been playing the odds.
I'd still love him.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Whilst in the PL, £242,401,076 plus legals.

In the Championship £75,179 plus legals.

Those figures may be tongue-in-cheek......but their premise perfectly illustrates the point that football club ownership is hardly dull and stable.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That sentiment supposes that the PL is bomb-proof as an investment, and he'll never stop being a fan I'm sure, but if you want security for the kids then cash (or rock-solid assets) is king. The man is as shrewd a cookie as there is, and I don't think it would be fair to deride him if he sold up given the debt we all owe him, but he may decide an offer is too good to turn down.....his life's work has been playing the odds.
I'd still love him.

He is a fan, not an investor. His uncle & grandfather are/were on the board. Football clubs are not solid investments but everything Tony has invested is ring fenced

Stop fishing & go back to the BBS.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
He is a fan, not an investor. His uncle & grandfather are/were on the board. Football clubs are not solid investments but everything Tony has invested is ring fenced

Stop fishing & go back to the BBS.

Quote: When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are. Unquote..

Hoist with his own petard:rave:

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
I’m female. That’s not rude, just being honest. There’s no swearing nor abuse.

And yet she lectures me on assumption - who are you to know the workings of TB's mind, his very inner motivation?.....his mum, perhaps?

I think I've had enough of shooting fish in barrels.
You win, I hope that assuages your dented pride, for it's clearly so very important to a clearly fragile ego.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
There is a reason that the Amex and Falmer are leased grounds. They are only valuable as football related reasons unlike the Goldstone in the middle of Hove. Yes it had a covenant that it could only be used for sport. They changed the covenant, how can that happen/
Tony remembered that which is why Brighton and Hove Albion does not own the ground it is built on. It is bomb-proof. Smart man our Tony.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Difficult to put a value on the football club as it doesn’t own much apart from player values.

The stadium business is another matter and given the fact part of it’s land has been granted planning permission, who knows

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And yet she lectures me on assumption - who are you to know the workings of TB's mind, his very inner motivation?.....his mum, perhaps?

You win, I hope that assuages your dented pride, for it's clearly so very important to a clearly fragile ego.

I’ve heard Tony Bloom say it himself as he was asked at a fans forum. Your sarcasm does you no favours.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

She’s right though. Bloom has been pretty open about the club being passed on to his son at some point (Barber has referred to this in interviews when he questioned Tb about his plans for the club for example).

It isn’t for sale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here