Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Which other teams supporters have you sat with?

0 Not allowed!
    Apart from the Albion, what other supporters have you sat/stood with at Football matches? When? Why?

This is something I've been wondering about*. Of course you may have only ever been to matches surrounded by other Albion fans, or maybe you've only otherwise been amongst home fans when you couldn't get a ticket for the Albion end.

But I bet quite a few have been to see England. And then maybe other teams on holiday in the UK or abroad. But who have you seen? When was it? I was just wondering in the off season.

*And no I'm not looking for second teams or having a go or any of that crap.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Went to Chesterfield away back in early seventies with some mates. We had done Southend on the Friday, stopped inNorwich overnight and to Chesterfield for the Saturday. We stood on the terraces with the Chesterfield fans and found them to be the funniest bunch I have ever come across. Pre match in their supporters club was a mass of tables occupied by geezers playing dominoes A good weekend away.

0 Not allowed!
      I've sat with Ad-Dammam and Saints supporters during a game in Saudi Arabia in 1982. Kevin Keegan played for the Saints.
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Reading at the Madejski (without their knowing) because I was in the home end
      Ditto Colchester at Layer Road

Hang on....I have dozens of examples of this, and surely this isn't what you mean?

What about at the Amex in West Upper vs Leeds with a Leeds fan (my little *brother). He hated it so much he has refused offers of a seat with me ever since

(*not to be confused with my beardy other brother who often accompanies me)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      Glenn Murray's a wizzard, he wears a wizzard's hat, And when he get's his cock out, he says 'I'll score with that'
      He scores them with his left ball, he scores them with his right. And then he scores one with his arse, he's ****ing dynamite

Which other teams supporters have you sat with?

0 Not allowed!
      Charlton at Selhurst Park, Bristol City & Cambridge United, all in the 91 season iirc, why probably because we thought we woz ard, reality was somewhat different I suspect.

Edit Cambridge probably 97

0 Not allowed!
      Took a West Ham fan, and a Southampton fan to see us against their teams at the Withdean. Presumably seen others at England games, but can't remember.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I've been the the JJB and sat in the corporate hospitality vs Portsmouth in 2006 when Pompey won to stay in the premier league, I won the tickets from Barclays. I also went to the Emirates and sat in their corporate ring vs West Ham in their first competitive defeat in the stadium. Bobby Zamora scored the winner and I went mad signing Zamora songs from his time at Brighton which helped me convince those around me I wasn't a West Ham supporter
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I wasn't sure about sitting in the home end when Albion were away - I've done that twice, at Northampton and Coventry - but I wasn't sure if other people had done that sort of thing a lot. I hated it both times I did it and I won't do it again.

For other matches, when I was a student in Sheffield I lived a few streets away from Bramall Lane one year, so went to see Sheffield United quite a few times when they had the terrible season in the First Division, when Dave Bassett was manager. I did enjoy them beating Man United that season, but not losing to Palace. I was also there for the last match they had the standing in place - when the directors came and stood in the terrace for the second half.

In Sheffield I also went to Wednesday quite a few times because the people I knew were Wednesday rather than United, and was in the Wednesday end for Wednesday versus United (when Untied won) with 42,000 in the ground. There were a lot of good players for Wednesday back in 1991/2 or so - Trevor Francis, Chris Waddle right at the end. I was at Wednesday for the last standing match on the kop there, too. I went back once in around 2004 to see Wednesday beat Palace, which was nice.

My father was brought up in Tottenham and so my first ever two football matches were at White Hart Lane in the early 1980s, with my father and grandfather - versus West Ham and then Notts County. I did go in the away end when Spurs played Wednesday in 1991, so the only teams I've sat in the away end with are Spurs (once) and Albion (loads of times).

Apart from that I've been once to see Wimbledon when they were at Selhurst Park. A very boring draw with Middlesborough and not much fun.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      West Ham in hospitality with Lesley Grantham and Nick Berry when West Ham played United. Liam Brady best player on the pitch in a dull game
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

1 Not allowed!
      Being an ex-pat tickets are hard to come by for me. Through various family contacts I managed to get tickets for my son, grandson and myself from a Fulham contact in the main stand just by the halfway line.
      It was brilliant, selfies with pints of Guiness with the Thames as background. Loved it.
      I was told by son-in-law (Spurs) that it was very gentile and you may well be offered cucumber sandwiches from people around you.
      Brighton supporters were to my right and never stopped singing all match. We were 2 nil at half-time and bossing it. The people around me were very quiet as were we. It was all so polite.
      Suddenly a bloke in the row behind us, all on his own, shouted “Fulham you are shite”. I was stunned but said nothing and there was a pregnant pause. Then my host turned to us and said, “he’s right though isn’t he”.
      Love Fulham.